Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oogieboogie7189 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2013, 09:30 PM
    6 months since last period
    I am a 23 yo female and it will be six months since my last period on the 28th of this month. I have been having pain in my lower abdomen, left side, for quite a while now. I am not on birth control and a normal period for me is every 2-3 months and I do have pain during intercourse. My husband has already taken me to the ER due to crippling abdominal pain and because I am uninsured there was not much they could do for me as far as ultrasounds go. I have taken urine pregnancy tests and they have come out negative, but my concern now is that I have been getting light headed and the other day I almost passed out while I was driving. Reading over this for a normal person it seems pretty serious but having no insurance and getting hit with the bill after anything that has to do with the doctors does not settle well. Are there any signs I should look out for as far as I could possibly die if I do not seek treatment or ideas on what this might be?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 23, 2013, 06:01 AM
    I have a few ideas on what it might be, but I can't diagnose you over the internet without a physical exam. What I can say is that you NEED to see a doctor it may be something more 'simple' like endometriosis or polycystic ovaries, but it could also be something serious like cancer.

Your life is more important the money that it would cost for a simple physical exam and a few tests. As far as being life threatening or things to look out for, I think that almost passing out while driving is more than enough of a neon sign. If you pass out at the wheel you could kill not only yourself but other people.

Many cities have free clinics where they will do a physical exam and help you out at a discounted rate or for free (either way it will probably be cheaper than a trip to the ER). So please consider this and see a doctor asap.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 23, 2013, 06:22 AM
    Agree with above.
    Also want to add that the ER is not the place to go for something like this - it's not only many times the cost, but they are geared for 'quick fixes,' not something that needs probably one test after another until the cause is found.
    Many hospitals have an associated walk-in clinic. University medical centers are ideal, being teaching hospitals, who want a challenge. Your condition does sound like a challenge, if nothing showed on ultrasound. (Did nothing show or did they say they couldn't help you in the ER? Big difference.)
    Passing out and lack of periods makes me wonder if you are bleeding into your abdomen.

May 24, 2013, 05:23 AM
    I did find a clinic that does payments based on income and set up an appointment for June 4th, thank you for your responses. And the er said they could not help me.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 24, 2013, 09:05 AM
    Glad to hear it!

Let us know how it goes, and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask!

May 28, 2013, 04:36 AM
    Will do, thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    Glad to hear it!

Let us know how it goes, and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask!

Jun 21, 2013, 10:16 AM
    I saw the doctor he put me on provera 10 days a month for 3 months I already took the first dose and 2 days after I started my period:-) it is very painful as was explained to me but I have to call the doctor because even though I need to lose weight, I've only been on my period for 4 days and I've lost 7 pounds.so I'm not sure if its just because I haven't had a period in so long its clearing a lot out or if its because of the medicine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I missed my period for 2 months, my period start for couple hours and it stop [ 3 Answers ]

2 months I missed my period and last Monday my period started up again and it only last for couple of hours. I don't know what's going. Is this mean I'm pregnant or not?

Sore nipples, one period had in last 6 months, no sex since 6 months ago [ 8 Answers ]

Right, so I haven't had sex since Nov 2011 (almost 7 months ago), I've had my period once since then and that was at the start of June... I've got really sore nipples (just the nipples) and I've taken about 50 pregnancy tests since December which all returned as negative. Ive always had fluctuating...

Spotting for 2 months then period then 2 months spottingh then period? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I get my period then for the next 2 months I don't... only spotting then the next month I get it thenthe next 2 is spotting... etc. anyone know why? I'm not/havent been on b.c. and I'm not pregnant...

View more questions Search