Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T-Ree Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Need to add my name to home deed
    My husband and I got married last year, but our home (although it is only in his name) was purchased in Aug. 2004. How do we go about adding my name to the title and deed in GA? The house is financed in his name only and I would like to keep it that way. Will it be a problem to just add my name to the deed & title? Please Help. Thank you.
    chexmygold Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Ree
    My husband and I got married last year, but our home (although it is only in his name) was purchased in Aug. 2004. How do we go about adding my name to the title and deed in GA? The house is financed in his name only and I would like to keep it that way. Will it be a problem to just add my name to the deed & title? Please Help. Thank you.
    If you are on the deed as an owner, the lender will probably want you to sign the "mortgage" You can sign a mortgage without signing the "note" they are different. You should start by contacting the lender.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2007, 11:55 AM
    If there is a mortgage on the property the lender would have to approve any change in title. They only way they would be likely to approve it is if you became a co-borrower on the mortgage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add a name to a home deed [ 12 Answers ]

How do I add my daughters name to the deed on my home

Is it best to add my name to the deed [ 3 Answers ]

Both my parents' names are listed on the deed. My father is deceased, my mother (82 yrs old) is in a nursing home. Taxes are owed on the property. I & my family presently live in the home, I am in the process of catching up the property taxes. What are the ramifications of having my deceased...

How do I add my husband to my deed [ 0 Answers ]

I live in California and I want to add my husband onto my house deed. My home is in my name and it is also in my own trust. I created my trust that says my husband gets my entire trust if living when I die... he has his own trust as well. However, I still want to add his name to the deed. How...

Add my name to deed? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I as spouse add my name to our house deeds

How do I add my name to my moms deed [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this,, I would like to know how should go about adding my name to the deed of my moms house, she has cancer and she is not doing well at all I live with her, but my name is not on the deed, and we still have a..

View more questions Search