Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floss4lov Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2003, 10:59 AM
    Socialwork
    Could you please help me I'm currently seeing a social worker through circumstances that I phoned the police on my x partner I suffer from mental health problems,and I can't go outside the door fro one month to another,every little thing in the school wher my 2 sons attends ,I feel threatened by the staff as when anything happens in the school they phone a socialworker as if I'm doing things wrong,if I order a taxi for the boys to be picked up and it doesn't turn up they phone my social worker,I forgot to fil in a slip for the boys last week to be returned and the school phoned the social worker again.I can't take no more,my x partner is the druggy and he's so convincing that everyone believes him aboutb anything he says ,he even phones the social worker and tells them lies like me taking drugs,I hammer the weans,god I feel so suicidal,I can't take no more can I get advice off someone ,thers no way I'm losing my children,erspecially when I'm not doing anything wrong,its not fair,please help
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2004, 05:15 PM
    socialwork
    That is why You feel like want to kill yourself some people can see that loneliness that depression and fear for the kids So you have to prove to them you are not like that. You have to do something Like join the PTA go to your kids games and stuff Have a life Stop feeling sorry for yourself. When you prove it to yourself They might see a new you and stop.
    Tyesmoon Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jan 29, 2004, 10:04 PM
    socialwork
    From experience,
    Here is my advice.

First, seek all of the professional help you can. Go to a counselor, and discuss your situation. Be honest about yourself to this person, and about your goals of being the best you that you can, so you can be the best mom that you can. All these groups really want tosee is an effort. In additon to that, I would suggest going for some parenting classes and seminars. They are common, and you can find them readily. If you are involved in church, help your kids to be a part of church activities and family groups. All of these things look good. Then, it seems like you may have a problem with organization, and what mother doesn't, but take some self help classes, or workshops. Basically, show you are doing your best, and constantly willing to do what it takes to do even better. The initiative and the effort will impress, and it will also show that your top priority is your kids, and your ability to parent them. Let me know if I can help steer you in the right direction. If you are serious, go the extra miles, and prove it by leaving a paper trail. Get names and numbers and times and places, and when your social worker questions you, say that you are working hard at doing better and becoming better. This type of thing goes a LLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG way. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search