Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rust1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 12:09 PM
    7051rme
    I have a hampton bay ceiling fan/light I installed 10 years ago. The light works, the romote works, but the fan does not. Model # Uc7051R.I took it down, took it apart, there is a yellow part, looks like an "S: then 455K next line 300VAC next line 25 C 70C. With degree marks in there) this yellow piece,(is it a capicator? ) looks partly melted. Gray matter looks like it leaked out . Can it be replaced? Was this piece defective? What made it go bad? Will replacing this part fix the fan? Thanks, I can't find anyone selling this part.
    JoeDunn Posts: 36, Reputation: 0

May 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Is this the receiver that you disassembled? If so, the best thing to do is:

1) Purchase a new one

Or

2) Take the complete assembly to a local TV or electronics repiar shop in your area and have it replaced. Depending on where you live... normal bench charge might be $20-$30. Maybe if your lucky, the counterguy will stock the part or one close to it and for under $10 you can fix it.

If it were me... I wouldn't waste any time repairing a 10 yr old fan! But that's your call!
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 21, 2013, 06:33 PM
    He took the fan apart. That is a surge protector. Replace the ten year old fan. Really.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search