Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikki66rqs Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Mar 22, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Organic Gardening
    My husband and I are going to start an organic garden... but need some direction. Since we are beginners, would anyone recommend a book that is highly useful for this great hobby? Now we aren't trying to grow a farm... just something to feed the family.

Thanks... ;)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
    You might want to try this link in order to find useful material. But, please be aware that there is a lot of false information out there concerning organic gardening. "Old Wives Tales" may be just that.

organic gardening - Google Search

Secretary for the Rock Island Horticulture Club
    CultivatingKate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I am also in the process of starting a vegetable garden and have found 2 books extremely helpful as I decided to start raised bed gardens since they are so much easier to maintain. The simplest approach is All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. A more labor intensive project is discussed in The Vegetable Gardener's Bible by Edward C Smith. I am going to do Square Foot Gardening but intend not to tell my expert friends about this controversial approach until I get some good results.
    lady_fang66 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 12:56 PM
    The best tip for an organic garden is lady bugs and bees. I work on an 80 ac. Farm, we water at the same time every day, and pick the vegetables every morning. As far as a book, I'm not to sure. And good luck with the pest control. It's hard on a big farm, but a garden should be faily easy to control.
    George.W Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Rodale Press (Mother Earth News) has quite a bit of information on organic gardening that can be filtered for your climate and soil conditions.
    There is always the library.
    And your local gardening group.
    If there is a CoC near by they may be able to tell you if there is a gardening group.
    trriley107 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 11:33 AM
    I am an organic gardener and belong to a non profit organization called The DeKalb County Community Gardens. We are on Facebook. Also have a wesite at DeKalbGardens.org. If you wish to contact me, my E-mail address is [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question on structures in Organic Chemistry ! [ 2 Answers ]

3.52 mg of compound "A" reacts with red Phosphorous and Bromine to gine compound "B". Compound "B" on reaction with KCN fives "C" which on hydolysis gives "D". "D" is optically inactive. "D" on mild heating gives "E" & "F". "E" on further heating in presence of Soda Lime gived "F" & "G". Both "F"...

Organic Chemistry - Clemmensen reduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I REALLY REALLY need to know the mechanism for the Clemmensen Reduction of ketones/aldehydes using Zn(Hg) + HCl!? How do the electrons transfer to reduce ketones/aldehydes to alkanes? I have an exam soon! Your help will be much appreciated!

Organic chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

How can 2-ethylcyclohexane be converted to 1-ethylcyclohexanol and 2-ethylcyclohexanol?

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil [ 2 Answers ]

It is suggested in Mark Trudeau's book to take a teaspoon of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil everyday for many health benefits. I know it is a saturated fat that I've always heard is NOT good to consume. My family physician has no information on this. Can anyone help me? Thank You!

View more questions Search