Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ad Astra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 05:09 AM
    Can a probation officer search your house
    My roommate's cousin who is on probation is currently living with us. I was sleeping 2 days ago when his probation officer knocked on my bedroom door. He woke me up and insisted on searching my room. I felt my right was violated. He insisted I had to go stay in the living room with them for the duration of his visit. I wanted to use the restroom he said no. I told him I had to wash my face, since I had been working all night for 12 hours. He then said he had to be in the restroom with me. He stood there in the restroom while I washed my face. I was not fully awake, and it took me a while for the reality of what had happened to me to sink in. I would like to do something about this. What are my options?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 20, 2013, 09:58 PM
    Hello Ad:

Your option was to throw the SOB out of your house... The PO, that is - NOT his guy.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can a probation officer search in my house when they show up? [ 19 Answers ]

I am just wondering when I am on probation, what can the officer search in my house? My wife and I have documents and private stuff in safes and I am just wondering if they have the right to go in everything. It seems crazy to me but who knows

What areas can a probation officer search in my house? [ 1 Answers ]

I live rent a room from my cousin he is on probation. Can his p.o. come and search my room if I have my door locked. The house is not in his name its in his moms name so he rent from her and I rent a room from him type thing.

Is my probation officer required to house me? [ 2 Answers ]

My P.O. released me unexpectedly, so there was no preparation time to find housing. 1/2 way houses will take months to get into. Does the probation and parole office in Janesville, WI 53545 have to give me a voucher to stay somewhere?

Probation officer and Half way house [ 2 Answers ]

If a person is on probation and is sentenced to a prison term of one year and completes it but is still on probation when they are done, can the probation officer send them to a half way house for 3 months? Is that another form of incarceration? If they were not a sex offender can the probation...

In Search of Reasons that WILL Allow Termination of My Probation having no PO Officer [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to court this week since I filed a motion to terminate probation early because it is hindering my job progression as my field of work is within the Accounting Dept. I have heard that this reason alone is not good enough. Please advise. Thanks!

View more questions Search