Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erooni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Kenmore Elite gas dryer won't heat
    I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer model number 110 72056 100. When I select a cycle to dry; they dryer turns, the air is blown out of the house; :confused: however, it is cold air even though I have selected a hot air cycle.

Please let me know if you know what could be wrong with this.

[email protected]
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Try this... Epinions.com - Posts in Sears Kenmore Elite Dryer Won't Run If Start Button Released
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 10:09 PM
    Diagnostic Guide Link
    I found service tech diagnostic guides (PDF format) during an online search. This includes instructions on putting the dryer into test mode in order to check switches, etc. Here are the links:

Gas Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203980053.pdf

Electric Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203979705.pdf
    Ob_One Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erooni
    I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer model number 110 72056 100. When I select a cycle to dry; they dryer turns, the air is blown out of the house; :confused: however, it is cold air even though I have selected a hot air cycle.

Please let me know if you know what could be wrong with this.

[email protected]
    What was your dryer problem. I have one with the same problem.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 08:20 PM
    First, I got this thing free on craigslist, it is a kenmore elite king size gas dryer. It would kind of get warm for a few seconds then not. It took me 2 months of looking but I found the answer on epinions.com. It took me 10 minutes to fix. As it turns out, the dryer was over heating and automatically shutting off the heat. All I had to do was make sure my vent was clear. And the front kick plate [panel] under the door I snapped off [it snaps on] and removed 4 screws to the air chamber right in front and vacuum out the air chamber. It was clogged. I reassembled and it has been working great ever since. Now I got an $1100.00 gas dryer free.
    If you go to epinions.com be aware, they are not g rated.
    Ob_One Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. As I am a craigslist junkie myself. I will try clean it out and then I will go from there. Thanks Again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,I was wondering if anybody knew what may be causing my dryer not to heat

Kenmore Elite Dryer won't heat [ 16 Answers ]

I have a heavy duty Kenmore Elite dryer for about 5 years (bought new) but it doesn't heat now. Power works fine. The inside part turns/tumbles fine. Light works when you open the door. We clean lint out each time. Just doesn't heat on any of the dial settings. I've switched power at the...

Kenmore Elite gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore elite gas dryer sometimes makes my clean clothes smell like gas. Any suggestions why? It is new I had the gas company come there is no gas leak. And sears was no help. Its very inconsistent as to when it happens not that offten but it does sometimes.

Kenmore Elite gas dryer has no heat turns off when start button is released [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite gas dryer Model 11074992300. At first the dryer would run but there was no heat. Now the dryer will only run when the start button is pressed, as soon as it's released it stops running and still no heat. Does anyone know what it will need to be repaired?

Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer about 4 years old with a dial timer , it shuts down about every 4 minutes and sometimes stays a running through the full cycle. After it shuts down I can restart the dryer with no problem , the motor sounds good... Thanks for any help Joey

View more questions Search