Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 20, 2013, 02:44 AM
    Convenient timing?
    Scandals cause high anxiety for House Dems in

Is it possible the DNC is being machievellian in getting all of these scandals over and done with in time for the next mid-terms? Or are Rev. Wright's chickens coming home to roost?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2013, 05:30 AM
    That's a possibility although I think it is a plan for failure. Coming this fall ,the full effects of Obamacare is going to hit the American people between the eyes . That should dominate the domestic conversation during the 2014 election cycle.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2013, 06:30 AM
    Maybe I should have posted this here.

Schieffer: "Welcome to dumb and dumber" in Washington

Personally I think arrogance got the best of them.You can only go around blaming others for everything and pretending you're smarter and above the rest of us so long before the ruse is exposed. And you can only poke the bear so many times...
    Pest Control Expert

May 20, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    And you can only poke the bear so many times...
    How many is this? "Acted stupidly," Fast and Furious, New Black Panthers get out of jail free, Libya, then Benghazi, IRS, EPA, Justice/AP, HHS protection rackets, and the hits just keep on coming!
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2013, 11:11 AM
    Add the war on Fox News to that mix. You remember, the White House actually tried to bar Fox News from covering the press pool covering White House in 2009. It turns out that in 2010 the DoJ spied on Fox' WH reporter James Rosen.

When the Justice Department began investigating possible leaks of classified information about North Korea in 2009, investigators did more than obtain telephone records of a working journalist suspected of receiving the secret material.

They used security badge access records to track the reporter’s comings and goings from the State Department, according to a newly obtained court affidavit. They traced the timing of his calls with a State Department security adviser suspected of sharing the classified report. They obtained a search warrant for the reporter’s personal e-mails.
    Yep, they poked the bear too many times.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2013, 01:55 PM
    My oh my, when it rains it pours. The DoJ IG report today found that a former US attorney did indeed leak a document to smear the Fast & Furious whistleblower.

We also concluded that Burke’s disclosure of the Dodson memorandum to Levine was likely motivated by a desire to undermine Dodson’s public criticisms of Operation Fast and Furious. Although Burke denied to congressional investigators that he had any retaliatory motive for his actions, we found substantial evidence to the contrary

In sum, we found that Burke violated Department policy when he provided the Dodson memorandum to Fox News reporter Levine without Department approval, and that his explanations for why he did not believe his actions were improper were not credible. We believe this misconduct to be particularly egregious because of Burke’s apparent effort to undermine the credibility of Dodson’s significant public disclosures about the failures in Operation Fast and Furious…
    Burke, it was said by his lawyer, said it wasn't retaliation, that he "regrets his role in disclosing the memo but he’s a stand-up guy and is willing to take responsibility for what he did."

Obviously it was just another example of this administration's "culture of intimidation" - which by the way we've warned about for years.
    Pest Control Expert

May 20, 2013, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Add the war on Fox News to that mix. You remember, the White House actually tried to bar Fox News from covering the press pool covering White House in 2009. It turns out that in 2010 the DoJ spied on Fox' WH reporter James Rosen.

Yep, they poked the bear too many times.
    THREE Fox people

Breaking: <em>Three</em> Fox News Staffers Targeted By Justice Department
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Judith Miller got 85 days in jail for protecting her source in the Valerie Plame case. Here it looks like they are trying to make Rosen a co-conspirator .

I thought the lefties liked whistle blowers . They turned Bradley Manning into a folk hero.

And what secret did Kim reveal ? That the NORKS were probably going to test a missile?? DUH ! This is what passes for espionage. Between this and the guy who got caught in Moscow with the 'SPY vs SPY' kit including wigs ,compass ,and dagger . I know of some cold warriors who are getting a good belly laugh.
    Pest Control Expert

May 20, 2013, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I know of some cold warriors who are getting a good belly laugh.
    I know some moving to Costa Rica and Belize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I changed the timing belt on 92 honda accord put all timing marks where they belong [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the timing belt on my 92 honda accord, put all timing marks where they belong. But the car won't start. It sounds like it wants to start but it does not.

Looking for convenient mod for changing the map in Fallout 3 computer game [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a mod that changes the map on your pip-boy in a way that allows you to add your own markers or notes to a specific location?

Dying husband and his family doesn't seem to care unless its convenient! [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time posting here. I am looking for some opinions from people other than family members regarding this situation: My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 3 years ago and was not given long to live. At that time, his family called, sent cards but nothing more than...

Are today's smooth top ranges more convenient to clean than when they first came out? [ 0 Answers ]

About 15 years ago I was in the market to buy a new range and wanted a smooth-top. Fortunately, we rented one for a couple months first, and I found it terribly inconvenient that whenever anything spilled/overflowed (which always happens to my pasta pot! ), I had to turn off the burner and let it...

View more questions Search