Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Need a job Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 04:37 PM
    Why are you no longer employed at your previous employer?
    I was fired for a HIPAA issue. When interviewing for a job, and they ask why I am no longer employed with my last employer, what is the best possible answer I can give without being dishonest?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2013, 04:40 PM
    May ask, what was the "issue"? That might affect the depth of the answers you receive.
    Need a job Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    May ask, what was the "issue"? That might affect the depth of the answers you receive.
    I was getting ready to have a medical procedure, and made a note in my own medical record that I had completed an Advance Directive. An audit was done and they saw that I had opened my own record.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2013, 04:47 PM
    We have several medical professionals here, so please be patient until one or more comes online. Check back now and then to see if your question gets a response. I will track this thread and PM someone, if necessary.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 20, 2013, 02:30 AM
    Wondergirl - you never pass on a HIPAA question, and this is more a matter of opinion anyway?
    I think this situation is a bit unfair and a forgivable mistake so I wouldn't hide the truth IF ASKED. But I would say that I had left to find better opportunity. If I were an employer, I wouldn't reject your application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can a previous employer say about you? [ 11 Answers ]

I left my job of almost 2 years just recently. I am now seeking employment elsewhere and wanted to know if my previous employer can give me a "bad" reference. I didn't really leave on the best terms (did not give two weeks notice, but DID finish my shift that day, and informed them that I would not...

Employer says I am NOT self employed but IRS says I am from 1099 misc [ 11 Answers ]

Last year I received a 1099 misc with box 3 filled out from my employer - the IRS called me and said that I had to file that amount as self-employed... my employer says that I am not considered 'self-employed' but the IRS says that if that is the case my employer is filling out the wrong box...

Can an previous employer stop you from working within so many miles of a new employer [ 8 Answers ]

My contract from my previous employer states that I cannot work for a new employer within Five miles and one year. I am a Veternian applying for a job less than five miles from My previous employer. (Its about 3 1/2 miles)About 2 months times has passed.

W2 from a previous Employer [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get my W2 from a previous employer? Is there any way to do this online?

Hit and Run - Dismissed due to Arresting Officer no longer employed by municipality [ 23 Answers ]

My ex was arrested for Hit and Run in January 2007. When the police officer came to his home about 2 hours after the incident was reported, he asked my ex why he did not report it. My ex told the officer that he "wasn't sure how to go about handling the situation." The police report is very...

View more questions Search