Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryan19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 04:06 PM
    Light/dark sensor
    I have lighting attached to a light sensor and want to add an outlet that will be always hot. I have red, black and white wires (red feeding from the breaker box and tied into the sensor). I capped the red coming in, leaving the red from the sensor connected to the 4 black. 4 white/neutrals tied together.
    JoeDunn Posts: 36, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2013, 12:37 AM
    Ryan19,

What you said about the breaker box makes no sense.

Is this a MWBC with a Red wire on one breaker pole and a black from the same cable on another breaker? Or is the "breaker box" with the multi black-white and red conductor, really just a junction box?

You do realize that adding a new outlet is not considered maintenance. Depending on its location you might be required to install Arc Flash or GFI protection.

Either way, it requires a permit and inspection. For $15 and the protection of your family... get the permit and have your work inspected!

Joe
    JoeDunn Posts: 36, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2013, 01:16 AM
    FYI:

It's actually called a "dusk to dawn" or "photo" sensor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help naturally dark blonde, dyed it dark brown, want light brown or dark blonde back [ 0 Answers ]

Well my natural hair colour is dark quite dull blonde and I got bored about 6 months ago and dyed it light brown... I kept dying it a little darker each time and now it's dark brown, and I want it to be more close to my natural colour again so how do I do this without bleach or going hair dressers?...

How to go from dark red hair to light brown dark blonde [ 0 Answers ]

I don't want to bleach my hair because my hair is in really good condition and I do not want to ruin it.

Dark brown trying to go light light blond turned orange.. [ 0 Answers ]

I have naturally fairly dark brown hair but in the past I have dyed it darker brown and black.I wanted to go very light blond and decided to bleach my hair but it turned out a crazy orange color, so I tried dying it a light blond and it came out looking a little lighter but essentially the same. I...

Skid mark - dark to light or light to dark [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Could anyone answer my following question? When I use a hard break to stop my car, a skid mark appears in the street. Then the skid mark should appear light at the beginning then darker at the end or dark at the beginning then lighter at the end. Thank you.

How do I adjust the light on my Hampton bay motion sensor light (P5993-50? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I adjust the light on my Hampton bay tiffany collection one-light motion sensor fixture (p5993-50)? Also, where can I get an owner's manual for this light?

View more questions Search