Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

May 19, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Insulin, can I use this Levemir Insulin?
    The wife and I are both Diabetic. The wife takes both Long Term and Fast Acting Insulin. The Doctor called in Levemir instead of Apedra Insulin. I called the sender right away and wanted to ship it back could not.

I use Lantus SolaStar Long Term Insulin, could I use the Levemir Long Term Insulin?
    We have 12 boxes of Levemir and it is a shame to see half of it go to waste.

Any other ideas what we can do with the Insulin instead of the waste?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 19, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Well no pharmacy will take back discharged prescriptions; you can't give it away, it is not safe to do so, so alternative to be on the safe side is giving it back to a pharmacy to dispose of (Yes, I know, it sounds weird but that is correct, they can't sell it again is what I am saying).

You had better check with your doctor to see if you can use the insulin you want to sub; we can't advise you on this. It is not proper for us to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

vision and insulin [ 3 Answers ]

I recently was put on insulin for diabetes. But now my vision is very blurry. Is this a side affect of the insulin or do I need to have my eyes re checked. It has only been blurry since I started the insulin.

Insulin decrease [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old girl and have high insulin content in my body. I want to know some medicine to decrease my insulin level in my body?

Insulin Resistance / Syndrom X [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with Insulin Resistance also known as Syndrome X. Can anyone share their symptoms, medication they are taking and what's working. I'm curious to hear what other people are going through?

Insulin resistance [ 5 Answers ]

My son is a Type 1 Diabetic. 8 yrs old. Can he develop "Insulin Resistance" ?

View more questions Search