Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pizzlez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2013, 07:24 PM
    Dsc 1832 5501
    I'm having issue trying to get my installer code to work again. It worked as I was programming everything. As soon as I was about done. My installer code didn't work anymore. I think it might of have locked it's self out. But I never locked the installer code. I did a panel hardwire rest and it rest everything except for the installer code. Now I can't setup anything at all. And this is a new system. Does this mean I have to get a new panel or keypad? If so DSC system is not a good system. I'm pretty unhappy with DSC now. What a wast of money if the installer code is locked.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2013, 11:35 AM
    Old post, don't know how I missed, DSC's work great.
    *8 CODE, not *6 CODE, just in case.
    If you are going to reset, reset everything to default, then you can use default installers code.
    If Code Not resetable by defaulting,
    255 minutes is the max shutdown time for too many wrong codes if programmed in location 012.
    I cannot find where Installer code not resetable by defaulting, Maybe when the Panel changed fro the PC 5010 to the 1832, they dropped it?
    There are also Panel Unlockers that you can hook to the baord and retrieve the code.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to buy in chennai dsc PC 1832 [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I purchase the DSC brand of products of security systems.

DSC PC 1832 programming troubles [ 9 Answers ]

Hi…I am currently replacing an old DSC PC 2525 home security system with a newer PC 1832. The trouble is… I am having difficulty even getting to first base programming this unit Is there someone on board who can walk me through this? This is what I have: 2 new keypads.. a pk 5501 at the...

Is there a way to reset master code on dsc 1832 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a DSC 1832 security system at my home but never got the master code from the installer who I have now lost touch with. I need to set the clock on my 5501 keypad and it appears that requires the master code. I have the installer code which is still the default code and I have my user code...

Trouble with DSC 1832 programming [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I have installed dsc 1832 security system . So far I have done good. But I can not solve my smoke detector problem . Smoke detector is FSA-410BT 4-wire . I have run cat5 wire for this connection . The reason is simply - I had left over cat5 . I have used Bro for 12v+ and BLU for GND....

Dsc 1832 resistor value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DCS 1832 and I am getting intermitting open. The wires at the control panel are tightly secured. It could be a resistor problem and I am unsure of to what the resitor value should be for the zones. Can you help?

View more questions Search