Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brendafay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2013, 05:23 PM
    Easily bruised
    Want to know why the top inner part of both my arms had bruises come up our of the blue.could there be something seriously wrong.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 23, 2013, 06:16 AM
    I can't say if it's anything serious or not, but if you are worried or if the bruises are large or won't go away you should have it checked out by a doctor.

It could be something silly like you bumped yourself the wrong way or did something that caused bruising that you don't remember (I do this all the time). Some people just bruise easier than others.

It could also be due to a dietary deficiency. Certain vitamins and minerals are important in clotting and could cause bruising if you're deficient in them. Off the top of my head I'd suggest making sure you're getting enough iron and vitamin K in your diet. Many people have iron deficiency and it is a major cause of anemia.

Depending on your age it can also be due to clotting disorders. These disorders are often genetic but occasionally occur sporadically and can cause bruising among other things.

On a more serious note, it could be a form of leukemia or lymphoma though this is rare when compared to the other possible causes and generally has other symptoms that you would have noticed. (I know how thinking you've got something can make people worry more than actually having the disease). You more than likely do NOT have this, I only mention these to drive home the importance of seeing your doctor if you're having any other symptoms namely night sweats, swollen non painful glands, or and itching.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I bruised my fingernail [ 0 Answers ]

I bruised my fingernail of my right hand index finger

I think I bruised my ribs [ 1 Answers ]

I went on a ride at a fair kind of thing on the 30th of may, it was called a twizzler or something, anyway it was two seater and required that the largest person sit on the outside, so being a gentlewoman I volunteered to take that seat and my friend, who is the same build and weight as me, sat...

Is my ankle bruised or not? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, let me get the embarrassing bit over first... about 1 and a half months ago I fell in a ditch because I was laughing at my friend so much (she was being stupid when we where walking home from school and she made me laugh ALOT) that I wasn't watching where I was going and fell... I a ditch...

Why am I bruised? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my left top near the back tooth filling came out so went walk in centre were she put a temp 1 in, so last week went to my dentist as in a lot of pain and told him to take it out, he seemed to be very rough, for 3 days couldn't talk propaply now all my gum inside and out side of my cheek is...

Bruised Penis [ 2 Answers ]

For 2 months on and off I have been getting a smarting pain inside my penis, its worse when I shower and soap gets to it. Is there anything I can do to relief the pain

View more questions Search