Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Best framing nailer
    What type of framing nailer would be best for framing, sheeting, and subflooring? A clipped head or a full head?
    EMERIL LAGASSE Posts: 101, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Full head holds best
    Get r done:)
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 24, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by henn
    What type of framing nailer would be best for framing, sheeting, and subflooring? A clipped head or a full head?
    If you are doing structure frame rough-in a 16d common vinyl sinker is what a framer usually uses. For subfloor finish sheathing buildup for vinyl covering on subfloor, a cement coat is better than a ringshank. Most framers use nail guns with different nail head types, so you need to be more specific to what is being nailed in place with a hammer or gun. A good place to see what nail size and quantity minimums required for specific nailing, refer to Uniform or International Building Codes. If you want to go high end, use coated screws for decking, subfloor, wood siding, etc that eliminate squeaking and pullouts. Nm
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 25, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Pasload Framing Gun Or Poter Cable, Clipped Or Round Head It Don't Matter
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Jul 25, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glavine
    Pasload Framing Gun Or Poter Cable, Clipped Or Round Head It Dont Matter
    Hi glavine, I believe you meant Porter Cable. ;) nm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pneumatic Nailer (Nail gun) [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking into purchasing a nail gun and compressor to use for attaching molding and building furniture (toy chest, coat rack, etc.) Does anyone have a suggestion of what type of nail gun I should get for these types of jobs? Thanks Matt

Framing Nailer for Basment [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on finishing my basement and would like to know if I could use a heavy gauge finish nailer (14 or 15 ga) to do the framing and also do the finish work. I don't plan to do any framing work in the future - so a finish nailer would get more use for future projects than a framing nailer.

Paslode framing nailer 900420 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Paslode 900420 framing nailer and wonder if anybody knows other brands of nails that will work with this gun. Paslode charges a lot more for their nail than Senco for instance. I'm looking for 3 1/4" nails Thanks, Jim

Need advice on which Framing Nailer to buy [ 1 Answers ]

My father and immediate family are buidling several houses in years to come, their just completing one now. He has asked me about framing nailers since he's still doing it the old fashion way and well - this is not so easy for a fella with a few miles on them ;) Can anyone give me some models or...

Pneumatic framing nailer issues. [ 2 Answers ]

No longer able to fire nails and wondered if plunger/striker is sticking because I failed to add oil in-line with the air supply? Used to be that when the magazine was empty the nailer would leave a huge dent in the wood where the nail should have gone. Unit is firing but no evidence the...

View more questions Search