Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mala_1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2013, 11:27 AM
    Marriage in Hinduism for unrequited love.
    Does Hinduism provide for assuming myself to be married with someone and considering him as my husband without even actually marrying him like Amba considered herself to be already married with king Salva and assumed him to be her husband in Mahabharata? If so, then please tell me how can I make someone my husband this way, as in what are the provisions, procedures and rituals for establishing such a marriage. I really want to marry that someone in this way and consider him as my husband for my whole life.

I can't undergo the usual marriage ceremony with him because this is an unrequited love and it's not possible for me to undergo a marriage ceremony with him whatsoever. Further, I'm also ready to remain unmarried for my whole life in the eyes of the world and consider him as my husband from my heart without actually performing the usual marriage ceremony with him. Moreover, I cannot think of any other man in my life except him, least I can love and marry any other person so, without trying to convince me for doing otherwise, please let me know if I can marry that person in the way I'm asking. Thanks.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

May 18, 2013, 11:40 AM
    Yes that is possible but law of country will not accept it. Are you in relationship or living together with this person? If yes then law will also consider you him as your husband. I think in this case you don't want to get married to him, want to remain single in front of world and still like to be his wife in personal life so the issue is about emotional approach. The procedure is to accept him as your husband in front of lord shiva, in temple, do the abhisheka and to wear holy thread, yellow for marriage, by taking the name of that person in front of shiva. You will have to chant some mantras for shiva and parvati. Giving you one mantra " katyayani mahamaye, mahayogindheswari, nand gop sutam devi pati mey kur te namah " chant this mantra remembering the person you want to get married.
    Mala_1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2013, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smkanand View Post
    Yes that is possible but law of country will not accept it. are you in relationship or living together with this person? if yes then law will also consider you him as your husband. I think in this case you don't want to get married to him, want to remain single in front of world and still like to be his wife in personal life so the issue is about emotional approach. the procedure is to accept him as your husband in front of lord shiva, in temple, do the abhisheka and to wear holy thread, yellow for marriage, by taking the name of that person in front of shiva. you will have to chant some mantras for shiva and parvati. giving you one mantra " katyayani mahamaye, mahayogindheswari, nand gop sutam devi pati mey kur te namah " chant this mantra remembering the person you want to get married.
    Thanks. Actually, as I said, it's an unrequited love and we are not in a relationship or even living together. It's just that I want consider him and only him as my husband for my whole life whether the law recognizes it. I'm not going to be dependent upon him for anything nor I need this marriage for any legal, social or material significance. It's just that I love this person and he alone is the one I will and can ever be married to but since that is not possible therefore, I would rather stay unmarried and consider only him as my husband for my life and from my heart irrespective of whether there exists anything in between us in his or in general public's eyes. I just wanted to know a way through which I could have blessings of god for such a personal sacrifice that I'm ready to make. I want this type of marriage to have the sanction, validation, protection and blessing of the God, that's all I want.

I think, the method that you have suggested in your reply and the mantra would bless this marriage and it will be performed with God's consent and grace therefore, would receive God's validation, protection and sanction and we will be husband and wife in God's eyes no matter what the world thinks. Thus, I'm really grateful for you help and advice. Thanks and god bless you.

Jai Hind! Vande Mataram!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2013, 03:01 PM
    There is no marriage if he does not agree to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting over Unrequited love [ 5 Answers ]

I know this boy who I was completely in love with, but then I found out he was in love with one of my best friends, and she also loved him back and they're now a couple. He never felt for me and I told him I used to love him, he really understood and we agreed no matter what we should still be...

Unrequited love [ 21 Answers ]

I really like reading the feedback that is provided on this site, as I think it is often quite valuable and insightful. I was wondering if anyone has any insight about how to get over and move on from and unrequited love situation. No contact is, unforunately, not an option. Contact with this...

3 years of unrequited love [ 3 Answers ]

I met a guy at work about 3 years ago and, as our marriages have recently ended, became very close friends. We're both in our late 40s and neither of us has children. We spent a lot of time together as friends as we share many similar interests. We talked about the problems of marriages breaking...

Unrequited Love [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so to start, I'm bisexual (female) and not out of the closet. Three years ago, I met someone over the summer (also female). We became fast friends and really connected on a higher level, or at least I felt that way. So, basically I've barely stopped thinking about this person since (a couple...

Unrequited Love or More? [ 2 Answers ]

About 1 year ago, I met a guy, 'Tom', who after about 6 months, I realized I cared for deeply. The trouble is we live 8 hours away from each other. That summer, we finally told each other that we wanted to be together (only over texts though, he's quiet.) During that time (I was so happy) he was so...

View more questions Search