Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yupickonme4 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2013, 11:20 PM
    Needing help
    My 16yo girlfriend is pregnant I am 31 I have already contacted 27 lawyers in Mississippi about the age of consent and it is legal for us to be together... My conser is her parents are forcing her to move over 3 hours away and are saying they are going to keep my child and gifriend "hidden" from me and not let me be in their lives... What can I do... And if you only going to reply with stupidity and ignorance please just don't even bother replying...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 17, 2013, 11:27 PM
    You can't do anything. Since she is a minor, her parents have the right to keep their child from adult perverts any way they so choose.

May 17, 2013, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You can't do anything. Since she is a minor, her parents have the right to keep their child from adult perverts any way they so choose.
    First of all I am not a pervert... Second you didn't read all of what I said so if your just going to browse the Internet to make arrogant remarks to people who needing advice waste someone else's time... Not everyone in this world is a bad person or have the wrong intentions
    Expert

May 17, 2013, 11:39 PM
    A 31 year old man has no business being with a 16 year old child. You will not find one member of this site that will agree with you, and I was much nicer than any of the responses you will get to this question.

I read all of what your wrote, and if that were my daughter I would be keeping her away from you also.

Yes, her parents CAN take her and hide her from you as she is still a minor and under their control.

if your just going to browse the Internet
    Oh, I'm not browsing the internet, I am a moderator of this site.

If you don't have very thick skin you won't want to read the responses you get from some of the more vocal members of this site.

May 17, 2013, 11:51 PM
    My question has to do with the unborn child what can I do to keep them from taking my child from me... Both of my gfs parents talk down to her calling her names they stripped her room and she only has a bed in her room my family and I truly care for her and want her to live with us not only for my gfs well being but also out of concern for the unborn child as well. I can't help that the person I happened to fall in love with happens to be 15 years younger than me.. 200 years ago there would not even be one problem with this.. I am worried that they move they will mistreat my child because of our ages..
    Expert

May 17, 2013, 11:58 PM
    It sounds like her parents are good parents and punishing her for her wrongdoing.

Don't give me the 200 years ago BS. This isn't 200 years ago, not very mature sounding for a 31 year old. That's the sort of thing teens say.

The only thing you can do is register with your State's Putative Father's Registry.

You might want to consider getting some counseling as well.

May 18, 2013, 12:05 AM
    Them stripping her room was not out of punishment her 14 yo sister has had sex with 43 guys does drugs skips school and she gets what ever she wants.. My girlfriend has good grade only had sex once no drugs goes to church yet her parents do not take care of her me and my family does I buy her clothes I buy her food so don't even go there about the punishment bs they have been treating her like this for 3 years now...
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 12:19 AM
    I'm sorry, but the advice will not change.

She is a minor, her parents can, and should, hide her from you.

May 18, 2013, 12:21 AM
    I'm sorry, but the advice will not change.

She is a minor, her parents can, and should, hide her from you.

Well... Ill seek help else where because you are not even understanding anything I am saying
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 12:24 AM
    I completely understand what you are saying, it's YOU that doesn't understand that she is under the control of her parents because she is a minor.

As far as being the father of her child and wanting rights to that child, you sign up for the Putative Father's Registry for your state prior to the birth of said child.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 18, 2013, 12:54 AM
    Why 27 lawyers? You can find all this information in 5 minutes online.
    The age of consent as you know is 16.
    However emancipation is very difficult in Miss, and although marriage is a key reason, you can't marry her when she is 16 without parental permission.
    EMANCIPATION TODAY | 12th CHANCERY COURT DISTRICT OF MISSISSIPPI
    Emancipation is her only hope, and the court can make concessions outside of the specified requirements on a case by case basis.

(I always worry when one parent refers to a child as 'my' child. It always causes problems down the line. I hope you will say 'our' in the future.)

May 18, 2013, 12:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Why 27 lawyers? You can find all this information in 5 minutes online.
    The age of consent as you know is 16.
    However emancipation is very difficult in Miss, and although marriage is a key reason, you can't marry her when she is 16 without parental permission.
    EMANCIPATION TODAY | 12th CHANCERY COURT DISTRICT OF MISSISSIPPI
    Emancipation is her only hope, and the court can make concessions outside of the specified requirements on a case by case basis.

(I always worry when one parent refers to a child as 'my' child. It always causes problems down the line. I hope you will say 'our' in the future.)

Yes the baby is our baby I said mine being from my point of view and thank you actually replying to my post instead of being narrow minded
    current pert

May 18, 2013, 01:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yupickonme4 View Post
    Yes the baby is our baby I said mine being from my point of view and thank you actually replying to my post instead of being narrow minded
    I'm actually very disapproving and don't consider myself narrow minded. It is your responsibility as an adult to think of the consequences of pregnancy when having sex with a teen, who isn't really able to see how it will rob her of her youth for the next 18 years. It was selfish of you. A 16 year old should be out having fun and thinking of college or career and seeing the world, not sitting at home with her in laws and changing diapers.
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 01:24 AM
    I'm not narrow minded either, I'm a responsible parent.
    current pert

May 18, 2013, 03:19 AM
    AND...
    'I said mine being from my point of view' is precisely my worry, which you don't seem to get. Those are people who do all their thinking from their point of view without regard to the other person.
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 03:30 AM
    This story is so sick and perverted on so many levels. It leaves me wondering if the OP has congitive and/or mental defecits in that he does not understand just how wrong it is for him, a 31 year old man, to be with her, a 16 year old child.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 18, 2013, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yupickonme4 View Post
    First of all I am not a pervert ... Second you didn't read all of what I said so if your just going to browse the Internet to make arrogant remarks to people who needing advice waste someone else's time ... Not everyone in this world is a bad person or have the wrong intentions
    Actually you are a pervert and a child molester. Also I hope they throw the book at you. What the lawyers told you was only partly true. The age of consent is only one part of the equation. You can be put in prison for many other things that you have already violated. So if the parents push it your not going to see your child anyway since you will be behind bars.
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 04:31 AM
    I find it ironic that the subject title of his thread is "needing help." It's quite obvious that the OP needs help, but not the kind he is actually looking for.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 18, 2013, 04:50 AM
    I find it ironic that the subject title of his thread is "needing help." It's quite obvious that the OP needs help, but not the kind he is actually looking for.
    The fact of calling lawyers over and over again already shows his mindset. He knows what he did was wrong and is just trying to find out what he can get away with to control this child's life.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2013, 04:54 AM
    First, do not even presume to dictate who can answer your questions and how. When you post a question on a site like this you open yourself up to any answer that does not violate our rules.

Second, clearly you understand that having sex with a minor is frowned on by society. You, as an adult should have never gotten involved with a child. I have to wonder what the circumstances where that you even got involved with her.

Someone is considered to be a pervert when they are sexually attracted to minors. So yes you are a pervert. That you may only be attracted to this one child may be a mitigating factor. But, again, as an adult you should have known better.

Your 27 attorneys were right. Under MS law you cannot be prosecuted for having sex with a 16 year old. But why didn't you ask the 27 attorneys about your legal rights to the child?

As noted you can file with the putative father's registry, but the parents still control her. There is nothing you can do about that control until she is 18. And that is that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Needing help please... [ 2 Answers ]

I went to court to ask that my child support would be lowered so that I would be able to afford my payments being unemployeed. I filled out a document to return to court with no cost to do this. I got to court and not only did the court commissioner deny my request, he also said that I wasn't...

Needing out [ 2 Answers ]

I have been married for nearly 10 years, together for 16 years. I now run a daycare from home started it 5 months ago. A dream I have put off for years and finally took that leap of faith. So my home is a licensed daycare... that means I need my home for work. We have a 5 year old and a 17...

NEEDING HELP.How do I get my ex to try again? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I needed help ASAP. I was dating my ex girlfriend who I love very much with my heart, but I screw up because I was force by my family to take my best friend to my matric dance, I never did anything with her e.g. kissing. THe following day my ex came over to my house and called it off...

Needing [ 6 Answers ]

Can u be bonded and licence if you have a felony record

Needing to know [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought a mobile home 5 years ago from clayton homes, since buying the home we have had nothing but problems with vanderbilt mortgage with them calling us saying that we are late on payments when were not. I done a search on the net on them " vanderbilt mortgage" and found a site...

View more questions Search