Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 18, 2013, 06:11 AM
    If she were my daughter you wouldn't be here asking questions.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 06:13 AM
    If she were my daughter he would be looking down the barrel of my husband's .38!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 18, 2013, 06:16 AM
    Getting back to the law, I think you might want to calculate how old she was when she conceived. If well enough before her 16th birthday to make a judge satisfied that you had sex with her then, you are liable to be charged with statutory rape. Something to think about if you pursue this, and her parents hire a lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 06:35 AM
    Sorry, a 30 year old man does not date a 16 year old, there is just something wrong. And yes, you are lucky the parents did not decide to take law into own hands, most fathers would.

But yes they can keep their child from you. You can file for visitation of your baby, but could may not allow it,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2013, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yupickonme4 View Post
    My gf had sex once
    Only once? That's all it took to get her pregnant?
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 07:21 AM
    Only once? That's all it took to get her pregnant?
    But 27 attorneys? That's what gets me.
    Yupickonme4 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2013, 07:43 AM
    I am not looking for aprroval from anyone nor do your hateful comments bother me... Just because I had sex with a 16yo girl one time you brand me as pervert a child molester well I don't see it like that I never forced her into anything she know exactly what she was doing and it is what she wanted so for you to assume you are right why not try and find out the whole story before loading your guns and lighting you tourches... You say that a 16yo to a child yet an 18yo is an adult well think of this there are 13 and 14 yo who are more mature than some 18yos so it's not the age it how mature the person is and y'all being proud parents would you like your 18yo daughter date a 50yo man if the 18yo has the maturity of a 12 yo? No I didn't think so... So don't jump down my throat saying I am evil or a bad person my girlfriend is more mature than most of the woman my own age. And she got pregnant 7 months after she turn 16. But as always thanks for all the nice and helpful comments
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2013, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yupickonme4 View Post
    I am not looking for aprroval from anyone
    And we're not giving it to you.
    nor do your hateful comments bother me...
    Hateful? No, not that. Realistic, yes. Honest, yes. Legal, yes.
    she know exactly what she was doing and it is what she wanted
    It wasn't her call as a minor and as a child to "agree." It was your responsibility as an adult to know the boundaries and limits of behavior with a minor. She's the victim in this.
    find out the whole story
    There IS no "whole story." She's a minor (her "maturity" has nothing to do with anything) and you, as an adult, raped her.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 18, 2013, 07:59 AM
    I have to say, if this was my kid... you wouldn't be writing this.

But anyway, you got your advice that you came looking for and that was that there is very little that you can do since her parents have control and you don't.

Find someone else to prey on.

May 18, 2013, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I have to say, if this was my kid...you wouldn't be writing this.

But anyway, you got your advice that you came looking for and that was that there is very little that you can do since her parents have control and you don't.

Find someone else to prey on.
    Prey on? Wow
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 18, 2013, 08:20 AM
    Yes... Prey on.
    A 31 year old guy has no business messing with a minor. What about a 16 year old girl gets you going? Her mind? Her views on politics? Her vast life experience? No... she's young and you're interested in her for sex... well, unless you have some sort of mental issue (other than being a twisted perv) that brings you mentally down to the level of a 16 year old.

So yeah... you aren't interested in adult women near your age... you prey on underaged girls.
    current pert

May 18, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Bottom line: you can sign up for Putative Father and she can go to court to apply for emancipation.

You asked under the Law category and I bit my tongue trying to stay on topic. But you were being high handed from the very first, and I for one lost my cool. Not just high handed, but cluelessly unaware, such as saying things like she knew what she was doing. Yes, she knew what sex is and she willingly had it, but she didn't really understand the CONSEQUENCES, which is what this is all about. The Rest of Her Life.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2013, 09:11 AM
    You still don't get it. No matter how mature you think she is (or she really is) she is still a child and you, as a supposedly mature adult, should have stopped it. That's what you don't seem to get.

Maybe our comments are hateful, but that's because you committed a hateful act. By your accounts this is a teenager who feels abused by her parents (stripping her room, allowing her sister to run wild while she is restricted). So she was vulnerable and you, apparently, took advantage of her. It is just too bad that the law can't do something about it. Hopefully, holding up a mirror to show you how others see you may get through to you. But I suspect it won't

But the bottom line is you can do almost nothing until she turns 18.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 18, 2013, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    But 27 attorneys? That's what gets me.
    I suspect that he made that part up (if not all of it). He may be trolling.

Or, if he did really consult 27 attorneys, his conscience is compelling him to find someone to tell him he committed a crime. Similar to what drives serial killers.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 18, 2013, 11:04 AM
    I have a question.

You mentioned that she can live with your family, that your family buys her things and would take care of her. Who is this family that you live with? Wife and kids, or do you still live with your parents?

I smell a troll.
    current pert

May 18, 2013, 12:15 PM
    ScottGem, she is not an adult until she is 21, believe it or not.

"The age of majority is the legal age established by state law at which a person is no longer considered a child. In most states, a person has reached the age of majority at 18. Two states (Alabama and Nebraska) set the age of majority to be 19 and one, Mississippi, sets the age of majority at 21." -lawserver.com

Although as another site (msfiduciary.com) points out, it depends on the situation. For some purposes it's 18, and for a married or emancipated person under 21, some rights are available.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2013, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    ScottGem, she is not an adult til she is 21, believe it or not.

"The age of majority is the legal age established by state law at which a person is no longer considered a child. In most states, a person has reached the age of majority at 18. Two states (Alabama and Nebraska) set the age of majority to be 19 and one, Mississippi, sets the age of majority at 21." -lawserver.com

Although as another site (msfiduciary.com) points out, it depends on the situation. For some purposes it's 18, and for a married or emancipated person under 21, some rights are available.
    That's interesting. They can have sex at 16 but aren't adults until 21! Think that MS legislators are confused?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 18, 2013, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    That's interesting. They can have sex at 16 but aren't adults until 21! Think that MS legislators are confused?
    I agree. It blows my mind actually. If you think about the laws they really make no sense. You can have sex at the age of 16, but can't legally leave your home without being emancipated. You can vote, go to war for your country, at the age of 18, but aren't really an adult until the age of 21, you can't even drink in most states until the age of 21. But you can carry a gun and defend your country, no problem with that.

Frankly, the laws really don't make a heck of a lot of sense. They really need to rethink a few things.

But, I'd still like to know which family the OP is referring to when he says that his family will take care of his pregnant 16 year old girlfriend. Most 31 year old adults don't live with mommy and daddy, they work, they have a career, their own place. So who is this family he lives with that will care for her? The wife and kids? Doubt it.

May 19, 2013, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I agree. It blows my mind actually. If you think about the laws they really make no sense. You can have sex at the age of 16, but can't legally leave your home without being emancipated. You can vote, go to war for your country, at the age of 18, but aren't really an adult until the age of 21, you can't even drink in most states until the age of 21. But you can carry a gun and defend your country, no problem with that.

Frankly, the laws really don't make a heck of a lot of sense. They really need to rethink a few things.

But, I'd still like to know which family the OP is referring to when he says that his family will take care of his pregnant 16 year old girlfriend. Most 31 year old adults don't live with mommy and daddy, they work, they have a career, their own place. So who is this family he lives with that will care for her? The wife and kids? Doubt it.

When I said my family we all love together on 40 acres we have our own houses but live close enough that we all help each other but it will be me that supports our child I am not trolling I was simply asking what I could legally do about our child and everyone blows everything out of proportion calling me a perv and other things yes I am an adult and you can say what ever you like about me don't hurt me in the least... But at least I am willing to find a way to support our child and not just run off like some deadbeat dad the fact I the matter is our child needs both parents I will not just abandon out child because people think I have committed a crime or an immoral act when I was 16 I moved out of my parents house and have supported myself since is it too much to ask to be there in our child's life I am sure all you responsible parents who have posted comments would not just turn their back on their own children so how is it any different for me to want our child be in my life and me support the child and as for the 27 lawyers I was trying to find legal ways to ensure that her parents could not just take the baby away to live in who knows what kind of home if they trea their own daughter so poorly it worries me that they might treat the baby even worse no matter how you look at it me wanting to support our child is not wrong of me I did not take advantage of my girlfriend our baby is what she wanted she knows what it means to care for a child she does it all the time with her sisters 2 children who's fathers have nothing to do with so I refuse to belittle myself and abandon our child so you say I prey on minors you are wrong we have been dating for awhile with her fathers approval but the one time we had sex and she became pregnant he turn his back on us he has full custody of my girlfriend her mother does not se walked out on her children and only resently has tried to be the mother she never was to them so say what ever you like or want to say no matter if she is only 16 and not 18 me being there for her and our child is the right thing to do so you say my intentions with her are only for sex you are mistaken I truly love her and physical connection is a minor thing to me granted she ha not tracked the world, follow who our president is, or have a phd, she don't want nor care about all of that but yes she has plans for her life that involes both me and our child and has already applied to 2 colleges and went she graduates next year will be enrolling in the course she wants fully supported by me and yes even my family I work while she is in school and child care is just next door day or night so call me fake or a perv or what ever but no of you have lived my life or hers so who are you to judge how we live our lives I posted on here out of concern for the unborn child not to get into a pissing contest
    Expert

May 19, 2013, 01:09 AM
    You really are a sick and demented creature. You need some help in a bad way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Needing help please... [ 2 Answers ]

I went to court to ask that my child support would be lowered so that I would be able to afford my payments being unemployeed. I filled out a document to return to court with no cost to do this. I got to court and not only did the court commissioner deny my request, he also said that I wasn't...

Needing out [ 2 Answers ]

I have been married for nearly 10 years, together for 16 years. I now run a daycare from home started it 5 months ago. A dream I have put off for years and finally took that leap of faith. So my home is a licensed daycare... that means I need my home for work. We have a 5 year old and a 17...

NEEDING HELP.How do I get my ex to try again? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I needed help ASAP. I was dating my ex girlfriend who I love very much with my heart, but I screw up because I was force by my family to take my best friend to my matric dance, I never did anything with her e.g. kissing. THe following day my ex came over to my house and called it off...

Needing [ 6 Answers ]

Can u be bonded and licence if you have a felony record

Needing to know [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought a mobile home 5 years ago from clayton homes, since buying the home we have had nothing but problems with vanderbilt mortgage with them calling us saying that we are late on payments when were not. I done a search on the net on them " vanderbilt mortgage" and found a site...

View more questions Search