Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teadrinker Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliann
    You may be "pushing" your punches. Normally when a student punches (depending on their rank of course) they are trying very hard to punch hard and fast. Does it seem like the harder you try to punch hard and fast the slower and more stuck your punch feels? If this is the case you are proibably tensing your muscles through out the movement. The key to fast and powerful punching in in removing the big muscles of the arm from the equation. Your arm should be loose and relaxed right up to impact (think about a towel snap). At the point of impact the body tightens for a brief moment before becoming relaxed again.

You may benefit from placing your mind on the pull back rather than the punch.

Also the more you can become still (relaxed) the better for all your movements and the overall stamina you will be able to maintain. Muscle is not the secret to speed, acceleration is and reduction of friction (your desire to muscle the movement) increases acceleration (speed and power).

I agree with aliann in my training I have found the trick is keeping the arm fully relaxed till the very last moment when you make contact. I find it also makes my punched a hell of a lot more stronger. Think like water, fluid and calm but can crash like a wave at a moments notice.
    Gav91 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 06:52 PM

In relation to Ace11's post, this method is HIGHLY affective as you will develop the correct movement to distinguish a candle, which is hard, believe me!

In Kyokushin and TAOF, we use this from a young age and so by the time the student has matured, the speed and power are phenominal- of course there are other ways, but how costly are they compared to a candle and a stand? Research Mas Oyama, an exelend example or how candle work can produce an amazingly fast technique!

Thanks
    KertAllikvee Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 10:16 AM

Well I train speed like that
    I came up with this by myself, done this for a year and that works very well

1. punching bag (2minutes)
    2. push ups (minutest
    3. punching bag (2minutes)
    4. stomach exercise (2 minutes)
    5.punching bag (2minutes)
    6. jumps on something stable, I use 50cm high box (2minutes)

I do that 5 times and then I go jogging 7km

That is good for mostly everything : like you get speed, strength and you will not get tired so quickly
    cybermonpk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Hai, my answer will sound like funny but try it, try punching regularly a 200 punches when you are ina swimming pool or try same number of punches wearing a wet heavy cloth, do it regularly and you will find difference in three weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

Deposit Increase for Pet [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I rent a unit on a month-to-month lease. I was given a very beautiful puppy for my birthday by my fiancé. We had previously spoken to our property managers regarding possibly getting a pet "one day" and they said their new leases now allowed for small dogs - we have not seen or signed...

Percent increase [ 3 Answers ]

Hi please help me out What is the formula for calculating percentage increases? For example in 2005 we sold 1500 apples in 2006 we sold 8700 apples. How much was the increase in percents? Thanks

Increase in Rent [ 3 Answers ]

I was fortunate enough to acquire a rental problem on the Gulf Coast of MS one month before Hurricane Katrina devastated the area. I was extremely fortunate that the rental property had only minor damages. We were given the option of signing a 1 or 2 year lease and chose a 2 year contract with...

I need to increase the price. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a letter for a cleaning business to increase the price of the weekly cleaning. We have not had a price increase in 7 years.

View more questions Search