Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwesea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 12:59 PM
    Accused of insubordination - Bully Boss
    Hello Team,

Facts:
    Supervisor join company and engage in move files and boxes out of the office. The files contain important information which is required for audit and immediate enquiries. Supervisor do not consult me or involve me, and I found out that information I need was moved to be archived externally. We entered into a verbal discussion, in which I raised my voice after he did not pay attention to my reasoning, and question why I was not involve. I am accused of confronting the supervisor in the open, and was disrespectful. Other workers are intimidated by what happened

Management want to issue a warning. I am not agreement with the accusations.

ANy suggestions welcome please! Help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 16, 2013, 01:11 PM
    Employment contract? Union?

Did you raise your voice in an open space where other workers could hear you? WHY you raised your voice doesn't matter. IF you raised your voice does.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 16, 2013, 01:12 PM
    In an office environment raising your voice is unprofessional at best, and certainly can be considered disrespectful as well. You can disagree with the boss, but yelling won't make it better. Has HR become involved? If you receive a written warning you may not agree with it, but you better understand what the issues are that led to it. I would suggest a meeting between you, the boss and an HR rep to talk things over - not the details of why you disagreed in this case, but rather the process you should use in the future if you have another disagreement.
    gwesea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 02:15 PM
    Yes Judy, it was anxiety what could happen by the Supervisors actions. I am the one who is doing all the work, and know what is important and what not. He is 8months with us, and I am three years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be prevented legally from socializing with my boss by the big boss? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been best friends with my boss for years and she then became the boss of our company which is under an umbrella of a bigger company. We and our families have been very close for many years and she has been my boss for 4 years. Recently she was told she is no longer allowed to socialize with...

Insubordination? [ 11 Answers ]

I had an accident at the office. I slid down the stairs. My office manager (not my general manager), also a friend, did not even bothered asking how I am. I made a status in Facebook saying "Who wants to get hurt? I'm s really starting to wonder why I even bother with some people. When it's clear I...

Terminated for insubordination [ 3 Answers ]

I have been terminated from my job. Reason given, insubordination! I have never been written up for any reason and has only missed 2 days of work. After reviewing the work schedule for the rest of November, I noticed that I was scheduled to work on a day where I was scheduled to work at my other...

Accused of insubordination [ 10 Answers ]

My supervisor accused me of insubordination because I shut a door to loudly after she put her finger to her mouth indicating that I was speaking to loudly. During this repremand she said to me "Whether you like it or not I am your supervisor". I have never once indicated or spoken words to...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

View more questions Search