Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 03:26 PM
    How many people here have been around 90% of the White House comunications infrastructure before? Me. You you, not anyone else on this thread.

Have you even been inside the IRS building before... I have too, not nearly as often as the WHite House but I've been in it more than a few times, Ever been around their servers? I have. Has anyone else here...

I can make a really long list of the Government agencies and quite a few embassies who's own facilities I'm quite familiar with... including that of Paracletes own countries embassy here.

So don't compare my actual experience around these as being on par or less with those who haven't even seen the outside of the buildings before.

And some of these I've been in and out of for the last 20 years.

THey all have been my customers for that long.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2014, 03:36 PM
    All your degrees and experiences are no better than my well earned PHD from the school of hard knocks. You will survive Obama, as I survived Reagans, and Bushes, and Nixons. No big deal. Trust me!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2014, 03:48 PM
    Trust me!
    that's the problem Tal he doesn't, he spends his time bignoting himself on a obscure website and tempting us with titbits of his secret world. Smoothy you need to get out more
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2014, 04:18 PM
    Stupid facts and education, they get in the way don't they when you want to emotionally stir things up.
    For an alleged IT guy that's a mouthful. You know damn well they didn't just disappear. I know how it works and I know the law so you can save your "stupid" BS for someone else. Got it?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 04:36 PM
    How many people here have been around 90% of the White House comunications infrastructure before? Me.
    Anyone can say that. I don't believe a word of it.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 04:37 PM
    You know damn well they didn't just disappear.
    I know, that's why I mentioned it in my response.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 04:50 PM
    Anyone can say that. I don't believe a word of it.
    Do you really think I give a damn if you do or don't? I know for a fact you don't even know squat about your own countries communications networks... much less your embassies secure communications networks. Ever work with Encryptors? Probibly not.

I've been in yours quite a few times too... back where diplomatic communications are handled. Just like dozens of other embassies here.

See the differnce between us... is I've done what I said... you just blow smoke.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 04:54 PM
    is I've done what I said.
    Because you say you have on an anonymous internet forum? Hehe.
    I work the stuff daily, now. Hopefully I passed my recent security certification exam. Other than this I don't talk about my work... don't need to, not trying desperately to impress people like you do.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 05:09 PM
    that's the problem Tal he doesn't, he spends his time bignoting himself on a obscure website and tempting us with titbits of his secret world. Smoothy you need to get out more
    Clete.. I get out plenty... they say ignorance is bliss... if so you must be a very blissful person being spoo nfed the propaganda cetain groups want you to believe. You tal and NK as well.

If you believe everything you hear on the news... its you , not me that needs to get out more... I've been out and around more than enough to see how often the so-called journalists intentionally ignore what's actually happening to tell people what they want them to hear... and I've been around enough to see it happening in a number of countries.

I've had the good fortune to have seen a lot, and had the right friends in the right places to find stuff out I might not have had direct exposre to myself. I have a number of friends and family in the Justice Department of another country... and for 15 years before his death, I was able to count an Attourney General among them, a few others I won't say where they work) because they still work there and I shouldn't know it.

I've sat down with your previos embassador Dennis Richardson for lunch a few times with some of the IT guys. Oddly enough the first time I've ever had a Hawaiian Pizza was with them on day.

So yap away... I've been there, you haven't. Nothing you can say will change the facts of it.

Its obvious you and a few oof the others here haven't.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 05:14 PM
    Because you say you have on an anonymous internet forum? Hehe.
    I work the stuff daily, now. Hopefully I passed my recent security certification exam. Other than this I don't talk about my work... don't need to, not trying desperately to impress people like you do.
    ... I don't give a crap if you are impressed or not. I couldn't care less.

I'm just calling you out on your incessant BS you know nothing about... and what little you think you do... you got from some highly unquallified "journalist" who was pushing the proaganda their editor told them to push if they wanted to keep their job.

Me, I don't give a damn... I've done so much of this crap for so many years... its not exciting... many years ago it was, for a while but I'm tired of dealing with all the BS that goes with it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2014, 06:04 PM
    you just blow smoke.
    smoothy this is exactly what you are doing. So you were introduced to a hawaiian pizza, and you say you get out, you mean to say no one in the US every thought of putting pineapple on a pizza or eating pizza for lunch? What do you think we eat, roo burgers?

any way I'm tired of your "incessant BS". You spend far too much time here to be the big business man you claim, maybe you are just a nerd on the night shift with nothing better to do
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 06:40 PM
    No... that bit with the Pizza was just some useless but true information... no your guys didn't think of it... they ordered it from a local pizza shop that had been making it for years... I'm a traditionalist... I like REAL Napolitan pizza made by a real pizziola ina wood fired pizza oven... Real easy to find fantastc Pizza in Italy... and its way better than New York Style Pizza.

You are another one than just NK that spends lots of time online spewing crap, pretending to know everything... because you saw it on some news show. What people like like you two can't stand is when you come across someone who's actually been in the middle of some of this stuff that knows and calls you out on it.

Its simple... I've been there... you saw it on TV. Huge difference. Why you guys get so uppity and jealous about it is beyond comprehension. If you had a clue about what I do all day at work......you would see how I can manage to be online all the time.

I sit in front of seven computers monitoring much of the mid-atlantic networks, and undersea trunk cables, covering a LOT of geographic area....spanning the Atlantic ocean. For years I was one of the guys who did all the running....these days I call out other people to do much of it....I still do some of it, just not that exclusively. Its called a promotion in this part of the world.

I have another computer I uses just to mess around on I appropriated when we had our last round of layoffs a few years ago.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jun 20, 2014, 07:22 PM
    Smoothy it isn't that simple. There is a difference between something that is claimed to "no longer to exist" through incompetence and something that doesn't exist because of a willful attempt to pervert a particular Act.

These are areas of degree that can only be determined by the actual or circumstantial evidence presented. In other words, to gain a conviction for a intentional criminal act of the type you are talking about, one would need evidence to show this was not a result of a particular class of circumstances.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 07:35 PM
    Tuttyd, it really is that simple. The claim they made and the excuse they gave... is patently false... and a flat out lie, her computer crashing would not affect the copies required to be on the server that were backed up and archived.. For years all emails MUST legally be archived and made available in case of a legal case (government and larger businesses)... or for archival purposes PARTICULARLY with the government.

Corporations are also legally required to do this as well. 20 years ago, emails WERE on the individuals computer, not a common server... but roughly 7-9 years ago (don't remember an exact year and I'm too tired to go looking for it now) they were required to centralize everything so the federally required records can be kept. In case of criminal wrongdoing they couldn't be conveniently LOST by any means... just like now with the IRS.

Not even last weeks emails would be lost on a server crash....the last two years would be backed up off site in legally required archives. That's just how these things are handled...because there are laws about accountability. People can and should go to jail if they were ignoring the law.

And most people apparently aren't aware of it based on some of the arguments presented in this thread.

I don't know if other countries have similar laws.....but here in the USA we do. We were legally required to do it at my comapany....and they spelled out the real reasons to us at the time years ago.

Jun 20, 2014, 07:47 PM
    I don't think anyone is denying that a particular Act actually exists, but it is an entirely different question as to HOW the Act was circumvented. In other words, a willful attempt to destroy records for unlawful purposes, or gross incompetence, which may or may not be a severe criminal act.

I am not saying there are no penalties for failing to adhere to the Act. What I am saying is that the penalties differ depending upon degree of liability.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 20, 2014, 07:51 PM
    Everyone keeps saying the law the law. Well if you have never seen it here is some information on it.

The Law Requires Email Archiving | ITworld

Jun 20, 2014, 08:00 PM
    Yes, that fits in pretty much with what I have posted. As far as I can see anyway.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2014, 08:03 PM
    I don't think anyone is denying that a particular Act actually exists, but it is an entirely different question as to HOW the Act was circumvented. In other words, a willful attempt to destroy records for unlawful purposes, or gross incompetence, which may or may not be a severe criminal act.

I am not saying there are no penalties for failing to adhere to the Act. What I am saying is that the penalties differ depending upon degree of liability.
    You might not be denying it... but some of the others actually were.

THey only way it could be circumvented is by willful action. I can't say how often the backups are made, but for the sake of argument... once a day is being generous... because incrimental backups are done throughout the day most likely... the backups are removed and archived because the retention time is many years... so backups are periodically taken for offsite safe keeping... this likely happens weekly. There will be multiple backups archived offsite at any given moment... many of them having much of the same information only newer ones have more recent information.

And besides all of that... the NSA no doubt has its tenticles into all of this as well so they have their copies too... and nobody has direct access to all of that unless the orders come all the way from the top. Which I don't believe was ordered. I think its limited to just the IRS itself.

However everything between Learner and the WHite house... will be replicated on the White houses server archives as well.

This is not a national secret...anyone working corporate IT in the USA knows all of this. Because they follow the same laws.

Jun 20, 2014, 08:06 PM
    No its, not the only way, it is the most likely way. Important difference.

One would need to show in legal terms that it is the only possible explanation. As far as I am aware this hasn't been done yet.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2014, 08:07 PM
    smoothy it may interest you to know that I am not just someone who spends time online I have done many things, have chalked up a few firsts along the way and continue to do what I can, If I am here at all is that I have debated over many years with people like Ex and Tom on these sites. I know it is a fruitless pursuit, but hey it beats Facebook or Twitter or sending Stupid SMS. Yes someone might have bought a Pizza, is it a crime, where I come from wood fired pizza has vanished, no demand, in fact pizza is vanishing. many other things are vanishing, once we had migrants that appreciated such things now we only have kabab eaters and curry houses and inediable food

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Scandal [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of services or training do you think Toyota should give to the customers to gain back its reputation after the scandal occurred?

The real mortgage scandal [ 14 Answers ]

I read something on this a while back and finally found another column on it thanks to Sweetness & Light... And so what are the contenders' solutions to this crisis, brought on in the name of fairness, equality and other warm and fuzzy nonsense? Hillary wants a moratorium on...

Whoops, *another* Republican caught in sex scandal [ 6 Answers ]

Wash. legislator resigns over gay sex scandal | KTVB.COM | Regional News | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports & Traffic This is happening with alarming regularity.

Protein bar scandal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard some talk about protein bars and how more than half of them LIE about the suppliment facts of their bar such as amount of fat, sat fat and other facts. Does anyone know any "trustworthy" protein bars out there that can assure me I am getting what I think I bought?

View more questions Search