Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 12:10 PM
    That's fine in front of a camera, until they hear the full story of the 67,000 additional emails reconstructed from the inboxes of her recipients for that time and submitted to congress that still show no evidence of collusion or wrongdoing, and the FACT that she did report her computer crashes before and on June 13th, 2011. Before there was any inquiry into the subject of investigating conservative applications, nor the further fact that tax exemptions need not be applied to before the end of the fiscal tax period.

None of this even takes into account the law says exclusive of political activity and the a statue was written in 1959 changing the language to primarily, and the statute has gone unchallenged, but cannot trump the original law. Add to that the FACT no conservative group has been denied, or adversely harmed because of this makes this a right wing uninformed witch hunt, based solely on hollering points.

You don't have to take my word for it, just sit back and see what's left after the hollering stops, and the facts are all that's left. Political theater notwithstanding.

More here.

The letter that supposedly led to the crash of Lois Lerner's hard drive - The Washington Post

This issue had first emerged in early May of 2011, when Ofer Lion, a tax adviser, sent a notice to clients about the issue. The New York Times reported on the issue on May 12, suggesting that the IRS effort would target donors to both liberal and conservative groups. Stephanie Kittredge, a spokeswoman for Roskam, and Sarah Swinehart, a spokeswoman for the Ways and Means Committee, defended the reference to the letter on the grounds that it was the first indication that the IRS was targeting conservative groups, though they conceded the letter does not actually mention conservative groups................“Then-acting Commissioner Steve Miller made the announcement that they were going to audit five donors for gift taxes early May 2011,” Swinehart said. “Also in May 2011, we started hearing from conservative groups that they were concerned that their donors were receiving audits/could be audited. We sent the letter and asked to see the files of the five individuals. The IRS and Miller knew who the five individuals were when the information was requested, and after reviewing the files with our 6103 authority we were able to see that these were conservative donors that were audited.”
    Inference may be a lawyer tactic to influence jurors, but here the public opinion is what's being influenced.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2014, 12:37 PM
    No conservative goup was denided due to this... where do you get that information from Tal... when MOST of the conservative groups either encountered significant delays or outright refusals. If they had a certain word or words as part of their name.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2014, 01:56 PM
    The Compost fact checker needs to check the facts ;although I suspect he cherry picked his facts . Camp was not the only congressman asking questions .
    Here is a letter sent to IRS Commish Shulman 2 weeks before the one that Glen Kessler cites .
    In spite of [501(c)(4) organizations'] legal status and administrative approval, President Obama and his White House staff have made it clear that they view these organizations with deep hostility. The President himself, in a heated political context, referred to certain 501(c)(4) organizations as “a threat to our democracy.” His White House Communications Director, Dan Pfeiffer, charged that the “powerful interests” supporting some of these organizations “are literally buying elections.
    The United States Senate Committee on Finance: Newsroom - Ranking Member's News

I would like to seen the "fact checks " by Kessler on the myriad of White House and IRS officials' lies . I won't hold my breath .
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 02:02 PM
    They aren't shills for soft money? Yes they are running thinly veiled campaign ads, and coordinating the funneling of money to candidates with a wink or a nod. Illegal any way you cut it and erodes the integrity of the voting process. That's the real scandal Tom.

Obama states the obvious since SCOTUS open the floodgates and congress did NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2014, 02:19 PM
    Citizens United was the correct constitutional call by SCOTUS
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jun 26, 2014, 02:45 PM
    "Gowdy in a previous life was a prosecutor and knows it has nothing to do with common sense"

Tom, I also know this. If it has nothing to do with common sense (true) then why did Gowdy say, it is common sense? You and I know this, but apparently Gowdy doesn't.

He may have been a prosecutor in a previous life then it is anyone's guess what he is in this life.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2014, 03:50 PM
    review the transcript :

GOWDY: You have already said multiple times today that there is no evidence that you have found of any criminal wrongdoing. I want you to tell me what criminal statutes you have evaluated.
    KOSKINEN: I have not evaluated any.
    GOWDY: Then how can you possibly tell our fellow citizens that there's no criminal wrongdoing if you don't even know what statutes to look at?
    KOSKINEN: Because I've seen no evidence that somebody consciously...
    GOWDY: Well how would you know what elements of the crime exist if you don't even know what statutes are in play? I'm going to ask you again. What statutes have you evaluated?
    KOSKINEN: Um, I think you can rely on common sense. Nothing I have seen...
    GOWDY: Common sense instead of the criminal code? You want to rely on common sense?
    as you see ;it was NOT Gowdy who made his case based on 'common sense' .

Jun 26, 2014, 04:05 PM
    Thanks Tom. I did review the tape.

0-52 secs... [Gowdy].. so there is a negative inference than can be drawn from a failure to preserve the evidence. It is common sense- Right?

They both used that justification. I think this is what I said right at the beginning.
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 04:10 PM
    LOL, Tom it is Gowdy making an inference and NOT stating fact. A decision based on common sense doesn't have to be criminal and you know it. So does Gowdy. There is no one in the role of adversary to balance this line of attack, for the camera any way. In a courtroom, there would be.

Gowdy may want to treat this investigation as a trial, but its not. It's not a true investigation either, but an inquisition where the outcome is known.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2014, 04:40 PM
    so you are saying the a congressional oversight committee with the power of subpoena and the power to recommend criminal indictments is not conducting an investigation ?
    The inference he is making is all very much part of our historical common law . But the law doesn't apply when there is a Dem in power .
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 05:05 PM
    As you are the opposition, what makes you think YOU cannot be opposed? You claim, I counterclaim. Nothing personal.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2014, 07:28 PM
    Photos were recently found of the leading Democrats who mastermined IRSGate. Believing their tactics were beyond reproach.

Name:  Inbred.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  10.4 KB
    Expert

Jun 26, 2014, 07:32 PM
    I thought they looked familiar,

Uber Member

Jun 26, 2014, 07:34 PM
    No.. word has it those are either Nancy pelosis kin... or Harry Reids.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 28, 2014, 02:06 AM
    NOW it gets real:

Meet Judge Sullivan, Who Once Sicced a Special Prosecutor On the DOJ | New York Observer

Jun 28, 2014, 02:49 AM
    I don't think it does .Like most things it has political motivation, That's why nothing ever gets done. I suspect in the end the whole business will roll over in the form of a civil prosecution.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2014, 06:07 AM
    oh there will be civil cases at a minimum. It's no secret that I think this case will only be fairly dealt with by the appointment of an independent prosecutor . I did not consider the possibility of a judge doing it ;especially one from the DC district .
    I think in fact that the emperor should appoint one . Since he's so convinced that there was not a "smidgeon of corruption" ,then an independent prosecutor would verify that claim. Then the emperor could gloat as he did yesterday with reason.
    Obama denounces 'phony scandals'

Now's his chance .Put up or shut up emperor ! 3/4 of the people don't believe the circumstances they've been peddling about the reason behind the "missing" e-mails . He's lost all claim to integrity and his so called "most transparent administration" .
    Expert

Jun 28, 2014, 06:27 AM
    What are you going to do? Sue the Prez you have been hollering about but can't pin down after 6 years of trying EVERYTHING? All these investigations have raised tons of money, and gotten a bunch of press but yielded NOTHING, and no action.

Now you want him to bring a rope to his own lynching, while he mocks you and your guys efforts. While I like the scrutiny of the major institutions, no progress is being made to resolve real issues, just feeding the frenzy of your loony base. Great theater, no governance. But governance isn't what the republican base wants in the first place. Never did, they want red meat, and power over the established repubs. Feed them or they will eat you guys alive.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2014, 06:41 AM
    All these investigations have raised tons of money, and gotten a bunch of press but yielded NOTHING, and no action.
    yes investigations become costly and take time when the people being investigated are permitted by the justice dept and the executive to stonewall and obstruct justice with impunity .
    Expert

Jun 28, 2014, 06:42 AM
    Submit evidence not allegations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Scandal [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of services or training do you think Toyota should give to the customers to gain back its reputation after the scandal occurred?

The real mortgage scandal [ 14 Answers ]

I read something on this a while back and finally found another column on it thanks to Sweetness & Light... And so what are the contenders' solutions to this crisis, brought on in the name of fairness, equality and other warm and fuzzy nonsense? Hillary wants a moratorium on...

Whoops, *another* Republican caught in sex scandal [ 6 Answers ]

Wash. legislator resigns over gay sex scandal | KTVB.COM | Regional News | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports & Traffic This is happening with alarming regularity.

Protein bar scandal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard some talk about protein bars and how more than half of them LIE about the suppliment facts of their bar such as amount of fat, sat fat and other facts. Does anyone know any "trustworthy" protein bars out there that can assure me I am getting what I think I bought?

View more questions Search