Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 08:14 AM
    And Reagan would be a RHINO, so what?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2014, 08:17 AM
    Hardly... how would that make Regan a RINO? When Bohner and Cantor are further to the left than Regan ever was. (which is the reason Cantor lost his seat and Bohner needs to worry about his)
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2014, 09:45 AM
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2014, 06:44 PM
    And the US Archivist testifying against the IRS serial perjurer.

Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jun 24, 2014, 08:22 PM
    Negative inference is an implication based on material transposition. It is always a conditional implication.

Why didn't the dude just say that, instead of trying to beat someone over the head with a legal definition?
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jun 24, 2014, 08:30 PM
    The archivist said at the beginning he's not a lawyer. It's not up to him to decide degrees of criminality resulting from failure to be notified.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2014, 08:37 PM
    I think there is a lot of clutching at straws going on
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 05:37 AM
    THey are by LAW required to ensure all emails are always available. THe Archivist, knows what is required... it doesn't require a law degree to understand or know.

THe IRS idiot... committed one perjury after another... by telling one bold faced lie after another.

And ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it. Any cop or court in any country in the world will tell you this.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2014, 07:38 AM
    but ingorance starts at the top and the people but follow
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2014, 07:42 AM
    Negative inference is an implication based on material transposition. It is always a conditional implication.

Why didn't the dude just say that, instead of trying to beat someone over the head with a legal definition?
    The archivist said at the beginning he's not a lawyer. It's not up to him to decide degrees of criminality resulting from failure to be notified.
    because the pomous a$$ political donor ,turned IRS commisioner made the claim to the committee that he had seen no evidence of criminal misconduct . Gowdy was just trying to determine on what basis he made such a claim. Turned out the commish was talking out of his a$$.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2014, 07:45 AM
    Lot of that about tom?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 08:41 AM
    A lot of a$$ apparently.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2014, 09:22 AM
    yeah and a smart a$$ too . With a BA magna laude from Duke; a member of Phi Beta Kappa; a JD, laude, from Yale; and post-graduate work at Cambridge University, I guess John Koskinen never took course work in integrity or ethics . He expects us to believe that the IRS knew about the lost emails in February, but no one told him, the commissioner of the agency,until April .The emails that Congress had subpoenaed ,and he had promised to produce on March 26th .
    They neglected to tell him that 2 years worth of emails went "missing " ;even after he had promised to produce them ????
    So ok ,he found out in
    April . It's now June. Why didn't he tell Congress when he found out ? When in April ? Well he can't recall according to his testimony . He said he was too busy because it was tax season ;so you know ...it just slipped his mind that the emails that Congress had subpoenaed ,and he promised to produce went 'missing ' .

Then we are told that the IRS which requires us to keep tax records for 7 years ,only keeps emails for 6 months ?

What we have here is obstruction of justice . I give you article 2 sec 1 of Nixon's impeachment charges.

Using the powers of the office of President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in disregard of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has repeatedly engaged in conduct violating the constitutional rights of citizens, impairing the due and proper administration of justice and the conduct of lawful inquiries, or contravening the laws governing agencies of the executive branch and the purposed of these agencies.
    This conduct has included one or more of the following:

1. He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, endeavoured to obtain from the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, confidential information contained in income tax returns for purposed not authorized by law, and to cause, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax investigations to be intitiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 09:35 AM
    Then we are told that the IRS which requires us to keep tax records for 7 years ,only keeps emails for 6 months ?
    That sounds like a great sound bite but makes no sense when you actually take time to think about it. An individual has to keep 7 separate tax returns and the required documentation. Six months of emails for a government agency equates to terabytes of information.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 25, 2014, 09:39 AM
    Then we are told that the IRS which requires us to keep tax records for 7 years ,only keeps emails for 6 months
    Thus we have the Authoritarian's Creed: Do as I say do, not as I do.

This same attitude immunizes Congressmen from the laws they pass and makes the President think he can get away with anything he wants to do.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 09:44 AM
    Thus we have the Authoritarian's Creed: Do as I say do, not as I do.
    Read my post above yours, equating the two does not make sense.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2014, 09:47 AM
    You can't impeach a commissioner, you fire him, or charge him with a crime.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 10:00 AM
    Remember the Valerie Plame witch hunt.. where it was determined there was no wrong doing in the end since it was proven her own husband outed her... yet Lewis Libby went to prison for offering contradictory testimony...

And that wasn't even as contradictory as the Criminals in the IRS have made over and over.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2014, 11:44 AM
    You can't impeach a commissioner, you fire him, or charge him with a crime.
    now wouldn't that depend on how high up the obstruction of justice cover up goes ? Could it go all the way to Emperor "no smidgeon of corruption" Zero ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2014, 11:50 AM
    here is article 2 sec 4 of Nixon's impeachment charges :
    He has failed to take care that the laws were faithfully executed by failing to act when he knew or had reason to know that his close subordinates endeavoured to impede and frustrate lawful inquiries by duly constituted executive, judicial and legislative entities concerning the unlawful entry into the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee, and the cover-up thereof, and concerning other unlawful activities including those relating to the confirmation of Richard Kleindienst as Attorney General of the United States, the electronic surveillance of private citizens, the break-in into the offices of Dr. Lewis Fielding, and the campaign financing practices of the Committee to Re-elect the President.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Scandal [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of services or training do you think Toyota should give to the customers to gain back its reputation after the scandal occurred?

The real mortgage scandal [ 14 Answers ]

I read something on this a while back and finally found another column on it thanks to Sweetness & Light... And so what are the contenders' solutions to this crisis, brought on in the name of fairness, equality and other warm and fuzzy nonsense? Hillary wants a moratorium on...

Whoops, *another* Republican caught in sex scandal [ 6 Answers ]

Wash. legislator resigns over gay sex scandal | KTVB.COM | Regional News | Boise, Idaho News, Weather, Sports & Traffic This is happening with alarming regularity.

Protein bar scandal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard some talk about protein bars and how more than half of them LIE about the suppliment facts of their bar such as amount of fat, sat fat and other facts. Does anyone know any "trustworthy" protein bars out there that can assure me I am getting what I think I bought?

View more questions Search