Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samroche Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 12:06 AM
    Searching for a new job
    Hi to all. I'm looking for a new job for that I want to prepare for an interview so I'm searching "Interview questions & answers" online. Can anybody give me details or links regarding interview questions?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 16, 2013, 12:48 AM
    They vary depending on the industry.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 16, 2013, 02:33 AM
    Please don't use the word 'wanna' in text or speech or you will never get a job!

Some basic questions:
    Why do you want to work here?
    What do you have to offer this company?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years?

But if you are being asked most of these questions, you aren't going to get the job. You should be answering then before being asked. That shows that you are eager and pro-active.
    Depending on the level of the job, you also sell yourself on all the attributes of a good employee regarding being punctual and reliable, not calling in sick, not having commitments elsewhere (except possibly a school course), you enjoy working hard, you work until a job is done, and you get along with others in a professional manner. You want to learn, and advance, and are willing to learn extra skills on your own time. Think of some more of your own.

May 16, 2013, 05:06 AM
    Joy Thanks a lot for your help. This information useful for me regarding interview. I will never use this word "wanna" again.
    current pert

May 16, 2013, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samroche View Post
    Joy Thanks a lot for your help. This information useful for me regarding interview. I will never use this word "wanna" again.
    WOW! That is heartening for this old person. Pass it on.

May 16, 2013, 05:19 AM
    Joy give me some more tips. :)
    current pert

May 16, 2013, 05:33 AM
    Dress well, regardless of the job. Even if they hand out company tee shirts.
    Arrive 5 minutes early.
    Sit tall and straight and look the person in the eye.
    Don't put on a phony smile, but look a little wide-eyed, attentive, and eager.
    Tell them that their company is the best there is, you have heard or read (be sure to always have an answer if they ask who, etc). Find out something positive about them that is not well known, such as their earnings exceeded expectations, or they have a sales/research/product development/etc that you think will mean a good future for the company.
    Repeat every good thing about yourself regardless if it's on your resume or application. They don't remember 90% of what it says, having read dozens of them.
    SELL YOURSELF. Don't be shy or humble. It's OK to exaggerate a little about your talents as long as it isn't a complete lie that will reveal itself on the job.
    Fill in time gaps on your resume with something, no matter what. Say you took care of your mother when she was in a car accident, or you had a chance to sail across the Atlantic. Again, don't lie so much that you get caught in a lie, like if you know absolutely nothing about sailboats.

May 16, 2013, 06:08 AM
    Joy I must say that you are a genius. :o :). Like to be in touch with you (officialy). I also need some marketing tips form you only.
    current pert

May 16, 2013, 06:32 AM
    Hi samroche, flattery aside, here only, so that others can read what we have to say... now you want marketing tips? Why? Planning to sell a guide? No one will buy it. People want information free these days. The income comes from advertising, much like this site.

May 16, 2013, 10:05 PM
    I know joy but it's my wish that I want marketing tips from you only.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 16, 2013, 10:09 PM
    I know joy but it's my wish that I want marketing tips from you only.
    The way this site works is that once a question is posted, it is open for all members to respond.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 16, 2013, 11:20 PM
    List possible interview questions, and then role-play with a friend or two or three to give you practice. Take turns being the interviewer. Bookstores and libraries have books that list every possible interview question one could ever think of.

If there are gaps in your job history (or even if there aren't) and you're putting together a resume, it might be a good idea to do what is called a skills-based or combination (chronological + functional) resume. The major part of the resume would be your skills and accomplishments with a section devoted to headings such as Customer Service or Management and Training, and under those headings list job responsibilities/achievements, like so --

PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
    SUPERVISION AND TRAINING

* Train and motivate employees to meet and exceed company and customer service expectations
    * Monitor the quality of employees' work to meet company guidelines
    * Perform scheduling changes and updates, as needed

INVENTORY CONTROL AND WAREHOUSING

* Dealt with chemical operations, including the usage/storage/disposal of hazardous materials
    * Inventoried finished products which included quality control, data entry, and data reporting
    * Performed regular/year-end inventory checks of all machinery/raw materials/finished products
    * Maintained factory equipment, operated forklifts, performed custodial duties

CUSTOMER SERVICE
    * Interact with clients/customers and listen to complaints
    * Find solutions to operational or service problems
    * Monitor operations to identify any future problems or misunderstandings

It's a good idea to do some research before applying to a company, so you can ask the questions that Joy suggested. At the library, look for annual reports, public or private company information, and other clues as to what they do and how they do it. Of course, for some companies there won't be much or any information, but the company may have a website to explore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job searching [ 1 Answers ]

It feels like I'm useless, I have applied for some jobs and known of them have responded back. I need to have a job for college and all I do is babysit. Like I seriously need and want a job. What jobs are easy to get?

Distinguish between job description,job specification and job rotation [ 1 Answers ]

Distinguish between job description,job specification and job rotation

View more questions Search