Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Mar 22, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Fright Of my Life
    Hi all I just had the scare of all time. Ive been getting period like pains and I went to my doctor and she said everything was fine it was normal to have those type of paisn, however tonight I had a stabbing like pain in my lower tummy it last for about 4/5mins then went but it was so bad it reduced me to tears I was so scared I was losing the baby but I haven't bled. What could this mean?

Please help

Mar 22, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey19
    Hi all i just had the scare of all time. Ive been getting period like pains and i went to my doctor and she said everything was fine it was normal to have those type of paisn, however tonight i had a stabbing like pain in my lower tummy it last for about 4/5mins then went but it was so bad it reduced me to tears i was so scared i was losing the baby but i havent bled. What could this mean?

Please help
    By the way I'm 7 weeks pregnant.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Well if the pain continues I would go to the hospital and get checked out its not something I would advise you to leave to long either.

Mar 23, 2007, 07:00 AM
    I'm going this evening to check.
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Mar 23, 2007, 08:44 AM
    I suspect this could be your bodys way of telling you to relax. I know things have been really tough for you recently but you have to try not to stress out. Out of interest did you tell your mum about this?
    X

Mar 23, 2007, 08:46 AM
    She was out whilst this happened I called her because I didn't know what else to do, she rushed straight too me.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 08:47 AM
    As others have stated, just try to relax. You've had a hard start of things, poor dear. But stress is hard on both mommy and baby, so try to do something that will keep your mind off things, even for just a short amount of time.. Hope all turns out well, let us know. You've got my prayers with you hun.
    urstruly85 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 08:57 AM
    You're probably stressin' too much which affects the baby as well. Whatever emotions you have, the baby feels too. Also I use to get the same thing, however I was a little more weeks than you are and I couldn't take it so I went to the docs and they proformed and ultrasound to find out my daughter was jabbing her knees and elbows into my sides! LoL they hurt like hell but it was so funny to see her move her body. It could be the positing of the baby and the way you are sitting, laying, may not be comfortable for the baby. Remember they are cruled up in this little space, they need some elbow space! LoL hope this was helpful.

Mar 23, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I asked because I hoped you would say that. If she came running to your side and seemed genuinley worried then I think she must be coming around to the idea.
    I hope so

Mar 23, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Yeah she was very worried and I said sorry for calling her as she was at a friends and she said don't be silly that's what I'm here for. I went to the doctors and he said those pains can be normal in pregnancy he wasn't too worried.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 23, 2007, 08:29 PM
    I really hope everything is okay. I'm sure it's just stress. I'm glad your mom was there for you, too. I really think she will turn around and is going to be excited to have a grandchild. I'm sure that showing you are going to stand your ground and have this baby, and provide a wonderful life for him/her is letting her know that you really are ready to have a child. Things can only get better for you. I wish the best for you!

By the way, I'm 6 weeks on Saturday and I get the period cramps pretty bad, too. Have you had an u/s or will you be getting one soon? I'll have my first at 7 weeks 4 days. Please let us know how things are going. Now, go put your feet up!

Mar 25, 2007, 10:15 AM
    No I've not had a u/s yet waitiing for my dates to come through. I went to meet family and that today my brother was there I said hello to him and he completely ignored me in front of everyone.. I felt to burst into tears there and then I felt so small. I feel so angry right now its getting to the point where I hate him and feel like screamin " NONE OF YOU HAS ASKED HOW I FEEL OR WHAT I FINK ITS ALL ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FEELINGS" I just worry about my job because my brother got it for me..

Mar 25, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Bless your cotton sock hun, you aren't getting this easy are you. I'm sure your brother is just a little disapointed. Some times people struggle to see a baby in the same light as you will. Some people see this as wasting your life or throwing away chances you had, but I really don't think that is the case at all. Some people have high ambitions for their career, for others it is about family. Even so a baby does not mean that you can't still have everything you would have had, just that you will have to do them in a different order. Eventually they will see that this is what you want and that it will make you happy. There is no way your family will turn their back on you so just give them time. Your brother is unlikely to take your lively hood away from you at the best of times but especially not now, when you need it the most. I'm sorry it has to be this way for you because I know this must be really dampening your joy of being a mother. Just let it bounce off you, as hard as this seems. Refuse to get into rows with them, tell them that you will not put your baby through that stress, as this child is more important right now. I hope your partner is supporting you through this. Turn to him, that's what he is there for. He is in this pregnancy too, that is his role. Every time one of them gets to you imagine a tiny little cuddly baby. If that doesn't make you smile nothing will.

Mar 25, 2007, 10:44 AM
    The cheek of my sister in law she just came upstairs and went to me are you in a mood I was like no I'm just chilling, relaxing she's goes to me do you want to talk I was like no not if I'm going to get grilled (what she wants me to talk to her after laughing in my face hmm) she was like you sure your not in a mood I was like no and she walked out. I just feel like cutting them all off and watch them run back to me one by one...

Mar 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
    You know that is not the answer hun (I just noticed you in England too. The prawns coment gave it away lol Though of course the writing under your name should have given it away). She might seen cheeky but at least she did try and talk to you. She must care and maybe she would be a good person to talk to because she can look at your family from the out side in. x

Mar 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
    If only you knew my sister in law lol she's a cheeky so and so... very two faced as well, I have learnt that through out the past couple of years. HEAD IS SPINNING!!

Mar 25, 2007, 10:59 AM
    I bet. Aww well scrap that idea then. How's the pains now? They gone?

Mar 25, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Do you know what if I'm honest I think its more wind and sorry to say constipation pains. Ive never really been one for going to the toilet but this is ridiculous lol sorry for being so crude. But my boyfriend sits there strokin my belly and it goes its really weird...

Mar 25, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Lol, surely that's a relief then. That will prob be a stress thing, plus your body is going to be changing loads. I still don't know if I'm pregnant or not but my tummy has been really weird this week. Its really sticking out. It doent hurt but its uncomfortable. Ive had my bfs hands on it too. His feel warmer which helps. Same as with cramps but that isn't what it is.

Mar 25, 2007, 11:17 AM
    When will you find out. Where abouts are you from? How old are you if you don't mind me asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stage Fright [ 7 Answers ]

I'm an aspiring gospel singer and I don't mean to brag but I'm pretty good! The only thing I have a problem with is when it's time for me to sing in front of other people, I get very nervous and it's hard for me to control my voice because I'm nervous and I feel like I'm not giving my best...

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

How is this life? [ 10 Answers ]

Every day is the same. I feel like I am trapped in a corner. This world is pushing me into a dark corner. Pushing me into somewere I don't want to be. Pushing me into something I do not want to do. School, Parents, Friends, Loved ones, Working, money, drugs, alcohol, and the future. All of these...

My Life [ 13 Answers ]

What to do if you have a boyfriend that has a 11month old daughter and a baby on the way with two different females,but you wasn't with him before he had the baby with the other girls.We love each other very much,we been together going on 3months.

How do I get a life? [ 3 Answers ]

Mom! Get a Life! By Kari Andersen A day in the life of a mom is not always a pretty sight! For those moms that have babies and have chosen to stay home with them, it’s a day filled with diapers, crying, accidents and laundry. For those moms who have babies and work outside the home, it’s...

View more questions Search