Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BARBARAA LOMAX Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 11:22 AM
    Help on saving inherited property
    I want to save my mothers property that my brother stayed in and didn't pay any bills. Some of the taxes have been sold. I'm trying to find an organization that would help me keep the property. My brother that styed in the property died 2yrs ago and my youngest brother don't want anything to do with it.
    BARBARAA LOMAX Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 11:27 AM
    Grants to help save property
    I need help in paying property taxes and repairs on home so I can move in
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 11:36 AM
    There are none... the taxes get paid.. or the property gets sold to someone who will... as it apparently has been.

If you have to ask for money... you can't afford them yourself.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 11:36 AM
    Please stop asking the same question. We are all volunteers and it takes time to get to all of the questions.

Where are you? What State? I realize you said you don't want or need a loan, you need a grant, but I don't think you are going to find any organization that will help you pay back taxes and bring the property up to code so you can move in.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...ml#post3463930
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 11:37 AM
    Why would someone pay taxes on a home on your behalf when you don't live in the home? Even if you did, I don't think you are going to find anyone.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 15, 2013, 02:10 PM
    I can tell you with certainty that no one is going to give you a grant.
    I'm puzzled why you say you don't 'need' a loan? Yes you do, if you want to pay off the tax liens and fix the place up.
    You don't even say who owns the place.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 02:32 PM
    Joy, I think need is meant to be along the lines of, "I have enough going on. I don't need this," and not "I need your help."

Or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property tax on inherited property in CA from Uncle [ 0 Answers ]

My uncle passed away, he inherited the house from his father which is my grand parent. So he pass the house to me - his nephew. My question- Since I'm not planning to sell it anytime soon, what sort of tax am I liable. The house is probably worth $400,000 on the market. My grandparents...

Paying back property taxes on inherited property [ 4 Answers ]

My mother inherited my grandmothers property when she passed. My mother then gave me the property. Well my grandma had't paid property taxes for 10 years some kind of a waiver she got. Well now they want me to pay them. Do I have to do this? It doesn't seem fair. The state of CA has sent me a...

What taxes on inherited property at $17,000 value. Eight of us inherited it in Ga. [ 9 Answers ]

My Mom passed away and left her home and land to 8 of us. We sold it to one sister for the value of $ 17,000. Our Lawyer was of no help to us. What kind of taxes are we responsible for? This is in Georgia. Our Dad passed away in 2006. Mom passed in Aug. of 2009.

Who pays back property taxes in inherited property [ 5 Answers ]

I inherited 51 acres in West Virginia from my father who has died in March of last year. It is being transferred to me on Friday. The 2008 property taxes have not been paid. The will is going through Probate Court in Georgia now. Should the estate of my father pay the back taxes as the will is...

Tax Saving through Inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

I am having one property(on loan) registered(2 year old)(loan 30lac) in my name and my mother's name My father is having one property(repayment is almost completed on his loan) registered(9 years old) (value 20lac) in his name. I just want to know the possible ways to sell out the property,...

View more questions Search