Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    del197480 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 10:35 AM
    Electrical questions and answers
    Can I install a receptacle without a back box rite into a metal raceway?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2013, 12:57 PM
    No... think about it... exposed live electrical connections where you might contact them with a capble puller from some distance...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical questions and answers [ 2 Answers ]

I'm putting a new bathroom fan in. So far I've put 3 fans in and none of them seem to pull the air from the room. I put a tissue near the fan and it doesn't grab it until it right up against the fan. The room should use a fan that recirculates the air at 150 CFM, and the room is 320 cu/ft. ...

Ask Electrical Questions and Answers [ 0 Answers ]

Have fluorescent lights install in kitchen. They light with no problem. But when the spring and summer summer roll around they have a problem lighting or I should say lack of lighting. You have to play with the switch to get them to light. During the cool months leading up to spring time the light...

Electrical questions and answers [ 13 Answers ]

I am reading 120v to my ceiling fan (where fan connects to ceiling) even when the switches to the fan are in the off position. I have check all wiring connections and they seem to be fine. I have been in this house for 7 years with no problem. Can't figure this one out. How can it have electricity...

Answers to questions on electrical [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 volt battery on a boat with a lot hooked to it ,the question is can I use a pos bus bar for the pos stuff and a negative bus bar for the negative stuffwithout doing any harminstead of having many wires hooked at the battery I'll have one pos and one negative.

Electrical questions and answers? [ 1 Answers ]

Have changed over bathroom fan, new one only has 2 connections old one had red yellow and blue, switch outside has red at top yellow at bottom and blue in separate connector block with others, new fan asks only for live and neutral, which wire should go where?

View more questions Search