Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 14, 2013, 09:47 PM
    Asking Price for a Vintage RX-7
    I have a 1983 Mazda RX-7 for sale. Whit with no dings, Wankel engine runs perfect, Sharp and speedy. How much should I ask? Thanks guys, Tom
    Attached Images

odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 14, 2013, 10:09 PM
    Of course there's a few things that will make a difference like mileage and even where you live but I sell used cars and I generally price using either of these 2 guides.

What's My Car Worth - Blue Book Used Car & Trade-In Values - Kelley Blue Book

New Car Pricing and Used Car Trade-In Values - NADAguides

Edit- I'm sorry, I just realized that KBB only goes back 20 years. The NADA guide will give you what you're looking for though.
    Eternal Plumber

May 15, 2013, 09:51 AM
    125,000 miles and the car" garaged in Florida. Regards, Tom
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
    AW..
    There's only 1 running one for sale on eBay at the moment. Yours is better. Try autotrader.com.
    Put it on eBay with a reserve for only $7 fee. That way if some sport bidder doesn't pay, you only owe $7 for the ad. Scammers are on all sites.

I have to sell my 57 Chevy. Just bought it 6 months ago. Drove it some, can't reach the clutch and ignition at the same time! Unless I put on a smaller steering wheel.
    Entomology Expert

May 15, 2013, 01:53 PM
    It comes up for me at $5600 clean retail... That means if it was on my lot and there was nothing wrong with it, I could charge that and expect to sell it for close to that. In a private sale, the price is generally lower... but not always. It's a little tricky with something like this because it's a "classic" and there are some people that are very feverish over a car like this so it really is hard to judge.

I like the idea of Ebay and just decide what it's worth to you and set that as the reserve price.
    Eternal Plumber

May 17, 2013, 09:03 AM
    A little more information, While the outside's cherry the inside needs some work, I plan on giving the buyer $500b to refurbish it. Motor, ttransmission, clutch and brakes are OK. This is a classic car and is eligible foe a antique tag. Do you think 2500 or 3000 is too much to ask? Thanks, guys, for your advice. Tom
    Entomology Expert

May 17, 2013, 09:12 AM
    No, I think that would probably be a good price for it.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 17, 2013, 02:34 PM
    Zoom-zoom-zoom! And with air horns!
    Eternal Plumber

May 17, 2013, 11:13 PM
    Hey Brian, If you think my car's cool pop over to the Motorcycle Page and check out the chopper bike I built.(in the thread. "How about a Section on Motor Bikes". The only thing left stock is the frame and the pedals. I ride between 6 and 10 miles every day. It's the most fun I've ever had with my pants on!! Cheers, Tom
    ted1000 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 09:40 AM
    Now I understand your name. I have a rotary pick up and a 90 rx7 convertible, had limited editions of your vintage... I like rotarys!. not everyone understands them. You got to find an enthusist, even though yours has low miles, there is rotary engine fear. Try local rx7 club. Sadly,2500 in private sale would be fair. Although I worked in my dads mazda dealership until 2000, didn't know air horns were an option. Now have shower leaks through ceiling problem (new post) and can't go cruising, any ideas?
    ted1000 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2013, 09:50 AM
    Tom thanks for plumbing tip. Go to: SevenStock.org you might find some links or other expert rx7 folks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental Renewal Letter quotes me 1 price, during lease signing it's another price [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In May I received a renewal letter that quoted me a monthly renewal price of $1560 / month. A few weeks before receiving this letter my wife and I went around the area to see the prices for other apartments. We found a few places that had more square footage but for $20 more a month....

Purchase price vs the listing price on a Fannie Mae HOMEPATH house [ 2 Answers ]

How much lower can you offer as a purchase price vs the listing price on a Fannie Mae HOMEPATH house. It is foreclosed. Many houses in neighborhood on the market, many foreclosures in the area. We live in Winston Salem, NC. Obviously we want to buy the house for as little as possible.

Price of vintage Dr. Pepper unopened soda pop [ 0 Answers ]

I have an unopened Dr. Pepper soda. The front of the bottle shows "Dr. Pepper salutes 1972 World Champions Dolphins 1972 Record Won-17 lost 0 tied 0

Goods on consigment out at sale price ( including gross profit 50% of selling price) [ 1 Answers ]

This goods should be included in who's inventory. Having on mind that goods on consingment in belong to the consigner.

View more questions Search