Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JFenMills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2013, 10:25 AM
    Cleaning medical office
    How much do you charge to clean a 5000sq ft medical office?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 11:08 AM
    In Manhattan or rural Mississippi?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 14, 2013, 11:12 AM
    Touchy subject unless you know exactly what their waste consist of. It can be expensive to dispose of contaminated waste. Find out what the do at this facility first.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 14, 2013, 06:51 PM
    Some quick questions first, please respond to each as they matter in the cleaning and the cost;

Do you have specifications?

How many days per week do you clean?

Do you have any extra duties such as carpet cleaning, stripping hard floors, windows, etc?

As far as the hazardous waste; Are you to pick it up from the their 'in house' containers? If so, then there should be a secured area (lock and keyed) where you are to store it for another company to pick it up from the facility. Proper handling of this type of waste is critical for your safety and that of the patients, the doctor and his staff.

Cleaning medical is SO different from regular commercial cleaning. You should be knowledgeable of all OSHA Rules pertaining to this type of dangerous waste and proper cleaning methods and chemicals to use. Search on line for this info. It is not easy and will take some time to learn and understand. This is if you are responsible for removing this type of waste.

The cleaning product/s you use should be the type recommended by OSHA to ensure sterile surfaces and furniture such as exam beds/chairs.

Please answer these questions and we can then possible go to suggestions on pricing.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical office cleaning bid [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting To know what TI bid on a medical ofiice This 3000 sq f

Collection Agency/Medical Office [ 1 Answers ]

I have a medical bill that went to collection because of a clerical error on the mailing address. The agency is saying that it is too bad and your account would be delinquent if I do not pay all of the collection fees charged by the medical office and the interest charged by the collection agency....

Medical office cleaning pricing per square foot? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm a very new company been open for 2 years and a half in Austin TX. I have a client that referred me to her manager to clean a medical office in san marcos. The facility is a non 24-hour office. I have gone and measure the facility already and it measures 6700 sq ft. She wants air vents...

Cleaning estimate on 4,000 sq foot medical office [ 4 Answers ]

I am an established cleaner in Nevada. I have a client who would like me to clean her office that is 4,000 sq ft. 4 days a week. How much should I charge? I was thing .25 per sq ft.

Medical office procedures [ 5 Answers ]

A patient at the doctor office called to make an appointment on the following tueday at 3pm for a yearly physical. You check the schedul and find that the physician has a perosnal appointment at that time. What should you say to the patient?

View more questions Search