Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsciascia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Husband can't pay fine
    My husband has DDD. ( Degenitive disk disease, a pinched nerve, etc.) Basically he has only one good disk left. He also needs surgery. But I was wondering a out the letter to which you were speaking of? I can`t work due to Fibromyalgia and back problems as well. He has made numerous payments but tomorrow is his last payment and last day of probation. Do you think he will be sent to jail or given more time to pay off the fines? We are also on Government Assistance.

~Jenny~
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 13, 2013, 06:24 PM
    Hello j:

If you have been paying and showing good faith, they won't put him in jail.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 13, 2013, 10:19 PM
    I moved your post, and Excon's reply, from here to a new thread.

You forgot to indicate, but I am assuming your husband cannot make the last payment due tomorrow. Can he pay a portion of it?

Don't just fail to pay. Pay what you can and, at the same time, send a letter to the judge explaining why the last payment isn't being paid in full.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I still have probation if I pay my fine off in court [ 5 Answers ]

Another girl and I were arrested for possession of marijuana under an ounce.. it was way below and ounce and I was wondering when I go to court can I pay off the fine and avoid probation?

My husband paid his fine but stopped reporting because he got a job working 7days [ 0 Answers ]

He got arrested for probation violation, do u think he will be sentenced to more time, it was only a suspended license probation.

Warrant in UK, living abroad - can I pay the fine and avoid the worry of arrest ? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I had unpaid fine from 2003 for motoring offences (no MOT, no insurance) totalling £420. Twice before this warrants were issued for previous fines and I had to go to court to pay them. The last time this happened I was sure everything had been paid so was not aware of this. I've moved...

Should I pay my friends fine? [ 3 Answers ]

Last week I brought some friends over to my friends room to drink. There was like 10 people there. We stayed there for about 3 hours and then we got caught by the RAs on the floor. There is now a 250 dollar charge because we were drinking in the dorm. He wants me to pay for the bill. And split it...

Roommates fail to pay the fine after moving out [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in an apartment for one and a half years. I got a new roommate in the last 6 months of the lease term but he didn't sign the lease. During the last four months of the lease I went out of country and my roommate brought another three roommates with my permission to stay along with him during...

View more questions Search