Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    broomhilda1979 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 03:00 AM
    A good site for background checks
    What is a good site to go on where I can get background check with all arrest's and charge's even if there was no arrest or charges filed I need to know the police had been called to the scene. I need it to cover all states.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2013, 03:11 AM
    There is no one site that one can go to. In fact, such information is usually not freely available. Your best bet is to hire a PI.

May 13, 2013, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    There is no one site that one can go to. In fact, such information is usually not freely available. Your best bet is to hire a PI.
    Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper and easier to pay a small fee and do it on line?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 13, 2013, 08:32 AM
    I would use intelius.com, not from personal knowledge, just from knowing that they have been around a very long time, so have survived any claims of not doing a good job.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2013, 08:40 AM
    Cheaper yes, but you are assuming there is site that is comprehensive enough to provide the info you want.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2013, 08:44 AM
    There is no record, most data on if police called is not available for public search. You would have to pick specific address and go to that local police depatment and ask for records.

That would be an inncident report, if a person was questioned or even charged but charges dropped, there is no record that can be found in most places
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 13, 2013, 09:09 AM
    Right, I forgot the question included 'even if there was no arrest or charges filed I need to know the police had been called to the scene.'
    The public has no right to such information. Unless you want to go to every police station and look at each log, or read every local newspaper police blotter, which would take you about 100 years.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 14, 2013, 07:41 AM
    I'm an investigator. I am not aware of any free, on line site that is reliable. Some are better than others. I've seen people spend time and money and go around in circles because the info on line is only as good as what is reported and the ability of personnel to input it.

A PI can often get arrest records, info on Police calls.

What specifically are you seeking?

May 20, 2013, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm an investigator. I am not aware of any free, on line site that is reliable. Some are better than others. I've seen people spend time and money and go around in circles because the info on line is only as good as what is reported and the ability of personnel to input it.

A PI can often get arrest records, info on Police calls.

What specifically are you seeking?
    A record of all my grandsons motrher's domestic charges and the times the police had to just go to the house

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good search site for background checks? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a good search site for background checks?

Background checks [ 2 Answers ]

Live in Arkansas, pled guilty to class b felony, theft of property, 1st & only offense, got 5 yr probation, charged June 03,probation was finished June 08, will this show up on background, will graduate from college next year, have been avoiding jobs that do background, have had several jobs since...

Background checks [ 2 Answers ]

How far back do an employer go on your criminal background check

View more questions Search