Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerri74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2013, 01:08 PM
    Theft under 5000 and crossing the border
    My twin sister and I cross over the border to the states often to day shop.
    Sometimes for vacation.
    We are 39 this year.
    About a month ago she was caught shoplifting at a retail store.
    Aprox $100 worth.
    She has no criminal record.
    She was fined by the officer,
    But was not taking to the jail and was
    Not fingerprinted.
    Does she have a criminal record?
    Or does that only happen when fingerprinted?
    Can we still cross the border and shop?
    Thank you muchly!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 12, 2013, 01:20 PM
    You are Canadian?

No, she won't have a criminal record, but was she let off with a warning; did the officer say she will be receiving a summons? Of course she wasn't taken to jail, they don't exactly do that.

What was the fine ?

You could give us more information on what transpired when she was apprehended.

I think she will be flagged at the border crossing,which means she will not be able to cross over for a certain period, or not at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under 5000 US Border [ 1 Answers ]

I was charged with theft under 5000 a couple years ago and was never fingerprinted. I entered a diversion program and completed it successfully. Will I have problems crossing the border from Canada to the US? Thanks!

Crossing US Border, Theft under 5000 withdrawn charge [ 49 Answers ]

I got my charges withdrawn today for theft under 5000. Is this an absolute discharge? I am also travelling to Hawaii in 3 days, and I don't know if it will show in the CPIC. Will a withdrawn charge cause the US to stop me from entering the states? What are the chances that I will be held back...

Charged with Theft under, crossing border [ 4 Answers ]

Just a Canadian with a quick question regarding crossing the border. I was accused of theft under 5000, except I haven't even made my first court appearance yet. Given that the American border guards are known to be very picky with those who have criminal records, am I going to be able to pass...

Crossing the border [ 4 Answers ]

Can I cross the border into Canada and return to the US on my green card only? My passport expired in May 2009 and is in the process of renewing.

View more questions Search