Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dogdocdee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 09:02 PM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote quit working fan on
    How can I get the remote control to start working again on my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan?
    I turned on the fan on my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan then a few minutes later tried to turn it off and the remote control will no longer operate the fan or light. The battery seems to be good but no response from fan and it is stuck on medium speed. How can I turn it off? (there are no pull chains on the fan).
    I did not initially move the switches inside the remote but tried this later to no avail.
    I also removed the battery and put it back in... no help.
    Thanks
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

May 19, 2013, 10:24 PM
    Hey how's it going
    I recommend this page and buy the replacement remote and battery

See if it works

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Parts - Ceiling Fans 'N More
    JoeDunn Posts: 36, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2013, 01:58 AM
    Before purchasing anything... you need to verify that the receive located in the canopy of the fan is still functioning. Drop the canopy disconnect the black lead going to the receiver(Hot wire) then reconnect and test the remote again.

If it still doesn't work, try changing the coded freq dip switches on both the remote & receiver... disconnect the hot lead once more... reconnect it and test the remote.

If it still fails to work... replace both... as long as you are sure that the fan/light isn't the problem.

Joe

May 20, 2013, 02:20 AM
    No pull chains on the fan? What model number do you have? Most fan manufactures instruct you to set the fan pull chain to the high position and control the speed/on-off via the remote.

Litex Industries manufactures these fans... have you called customer service (800.527.1292) yet?

Joe
    lookingforwind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 01:53 PM
    You say to disconnect the black wire and some sources say turn of the breaker. But from what I understand, the fan is wired "Hot" and the remotre then controls turning it on and off. The switch on the wall cuts power to the fan correct, essentially the same as disconnecting the wire or flipping the breaker.
    The top light on my fan works.. . with the switch on the wall. But I cannot turn it off, also I cannot turn the fan or bottom light on with the remote. I have verified the batteries are good. I believe my 1 1/2 year old child chucked the remote across the room. The funny thing is, when you push a button on the remote, the red transmitter light lights up. I have tried the dip switch thing to no avail. I have a hard time believing the remote is no good since the transmitter light still lights up. Any suggestions? I would really love to be able to turn my fan on.. Thanks!

May 20, 2013, 02:46 PM
    Ok... you hadn't mention the switch before that's why I asked about a pull chain.

Also, I asked before:

What model number do you have? Most fan manufactures instruct you to set the fan pull chain to the high position and control the speed/on-off via the remote.

Litex Industries manufactures these fans... have you called customer service (800.527.1292) yet?

??

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan working, Fan light not, Harbor Breeze [ 7 Answers ]

I recently tried to help a friend install a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ a light kit (this model 52" White Ceiling Fan ENERGY STARŪ) The fan has 4 wires: green, white, black, and blue. The house has 3 wires: green, white, and black. Per the instructions we hooked up the green to green,...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan lights are working and fan is not [ 2 Answers ]

Pull chain had broken for lights. Replaced it and now the fan isn't working. Any ideas?

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan remote works light, but not fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house with a remote controlled Harbor Breeze ceiling fan in the master bedroom. The fan would not turn on with the remote, but the light did. The same model fan was in another bedroom that worked correctly. Today I swapped the fans' locations. After hooking the working...

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote control synchronize w/fan [ 2 Answers ]

Harbor Breeze Fan & H. B. Remote bought @ same time in mid-2006. Is installed in room where fan and room get only occasional use. Battery changed at least each 6 months even if it is still working fine. Never had a leaky battery in remote. FAN ITSELF HAS NO PULL CHAINS. Remote has only two...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan/Light remote stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 yr old harbor breeze ceiling fan/light that works by remote only. The remote has quick working even though the red light still illuminates when pressing the buttons. I have replaced the battery. When using the wall switch, the fan comes on but the lights do not which is likely the...

View more questions Search