Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 11, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Chip In Cooktop?
    Don't ask how but my wife put a fairly good size chip in the glass on our smooth top range. It's probably close to the diameter of a nickel and about 1/16 or so deep.

Is this still safe to use or should I just replace the top now?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 11, 2013, 06:44 PM
    If the chip is near the burner then your best bet is to replace the entire ceramic top (contact manufacturer). If the chip is in the outer areas of the top then you may be in luck!

Check out this article:

Repairing a GE Glass Cooktop | eHow

If you have the "chip" of ceramic top then this shouldn't be too big a deal!

Mark
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 11, 2013, 07:14 PM
    Thanks... no, the chip is right over a burner... guess it has to be replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sailboat called chip [ 0 Answers ]

This book is about a girl with a mother and step father who bought her a sailboat.it had a red sail so they could watch her from the shore and know she was safe.she called the boat Chip.thanks for any help.

HYDRA chip, can it. [ 2 Answers ]

... help overcome the limits of GPUs combination? Good evening fellas. I would like to know if the HYDRA chip, reported to come first included on an upcoming MSI MoBo, can help to overcome the 4 GPUs limitation on both crossfire & SLI ? Im interested on this little chip, and the posible chance...

View more questions Search