Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normturgeon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 10:19 AM
    Problem using a Pivot Table Form as a Sub-Form -- Access 2003
    I made a Pivot Table Form using the Pivot Table Wizard in Access 2003.

It works great when opened.as a form.

But when used as a sub-form, only the data columns appear. The Row Heading column is missing. The sub-form is not linked to a child field on the main form.

Has anyone seen this behavior? How can I fix this such that the Row headings appear on the sub-form?

Thanks,

Norm
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 10, 2013, 10:21 AM
    Don't use it as an embedded subform. Use it as a popup form.
    normturgeon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Don't use it as an embedded subform. Use it as a popup form.
    Thanks Scott,

But, is there no way I can use it as a subform?

Norm
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 10, 2013, 04:34 PM
    I'll be honest, I haven't worked with pivot tables much and never tried them as a subform.

If you want other opinions on this, I suggest posting at utteraccess.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file form 1040 with taxable income on form w2 and form 1042s? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a graduate student from Taiwan. I checked on IRS web site. I'm very sure that I become a resident alien in 2011 (more than 5 years F1). I have W2 and 1042S for my 2011 taxable income. I don't know how to report W2 and 1042S together on form 1040?

Pivot table directly in FORM for Ms. Access 2003 [ 17 Answers ]

Hey pals, need your hand on this one. I have a FORM Code: Private Sub RUN_Click() On Error Go to Err_CHSWB_Final1_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String

MS Access 2003 Creating a form with input of ranges of data [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Scott, I tried attaching the front and back end of my database and I got the following message, "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you...

Want Button on Access Form for Inserting OLE Object into Table [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm looking for a simple simple simple solution that will allow me to add a button to an Access form. When the button is clicked, a File Dialog box should appear allowing me to pick any file to insert into the OLE package. I've searched every corner of the web and have found a lot of...

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

View more questions Search