Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catlady23 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 09:37 AM
    Legitimate scholarship site?
    Is there even such a thing? I've explored many "scholarship" sites lately, seems a total scam. Anyone know of a legitimate scholarship site?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 09:51 AM
    There are many - where are you looking? What major?

What Country?

May 10, 2013, 09:54 AM
    A scholarship- transferring student, and Education/art major.

America :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 10:16 AM
    The US is a big Country - anywhere in particular?

May 10, 2013, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    The US is a big Country - anywhere in particular?
    Ahh. :) Texas
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 10:32 AM
    Transferring to a four-year college or university from a community college?

May 10, 2013, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Transferring to a four-year college or university from a community college?
    To a university, from a community college.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 10:39 AM
    You might want to read a book and write a winning essay to get scholarship money -- Essay Contests -- Ayn Rand Novels.

Your school guidance office should have all sorts of information for you about scholarships and also be able to give you links to reputable scholarship sites. Don't overlook local scholarships with the Rotary or Kiwanis or Lions, etc. I got one through my life insurance company.

What my son did was apply to three colleges that he figured out he wanted to go to for Creative Writing and then negotiated with each one (after he was accepted) to find out which one would offer him the best deal in scholarships and grants.

May 11, 2013, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You might want to read a book and write a winning essay to get scholarship money -- Essay Contests -- Ayn Rand Novels.

Your school guidance office should have all sorts of information for you about scholarships and also be able to give you links to reputable scholarship sites. Don't overlook local scholarships with the Rotary or Kiwanis or Lions, etc. I got one through my life insurance company.

What my son did was apply to three colleges that he figured out he wanted to go to for Creative Writing and then negotiated with each one (after he was accepted) to find out which one would offer him the best deal in scholarships and grants.
    This was helpful, thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2013, 08:10 PM
    First you do not pay for scholarships, the university you attend will normally have a list of most available ones there, plus information on Government grants and loans.
    Also if one of your parents are members, the VFW and American Legion normally have programs for small amounts. As do other groups, where you may have memberships

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a legitimate Amazon site? [ 6 Answers ]

[email protected] <[email protected]>; Is this a legitimate Amazon site? I got Email from them cancelling an order NOT MINE! Why my address?

Reporting scholarship and taxes paid on scholarship [ 1 Answers ]

My wife was on F-1 in Spring 2010 (graduating semester) pursuing PhD and she received $8,100 as fellowship/scholarship. And, $1,300 was deducted as NRA tax. She paid around $1,000 as tuition fees for that semester. She has not received a W-2 and no 1098-T was given as she was a non-resident alien....

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

View more questions Search