Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R31211 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 08:24 AM
    Someone please help me
    From my understanding, if you're stressed your period delays.
    But how am I suppose to not worry if I haven't gotten my period?
    I'm worried I might be pregnant. :(
    Does anyone know how long it can delay even if you are stressed, like a certain amount of time? I hope it makes sense and thanks in advance :)

By the way, I didn't know what to put it under as.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:26 AM
    Please give more details, date(s) of sexual activity, last period date.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:52 AM
    Yes, stress can delay your period. There is no set time limit, also, it doesn't always happen. Just because you're stressed doesn't mean that you'll miss a period.

How late is your period? If it's at least 2 weeks late it's time to take a pregnancy test using first morning urine. It very well could be pregnancy since you're sexually active.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 10, 2013, 09:00 AM
    The way you avoid worry is by either not having sex or getting on the pill.
    Worry is bad for your whole body and mind.
    Being saddled with a child at your age is not worth having a few moments of sex!
    And the guy, whoever he is, doesn't care enough to think of all this too.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 09:00 AM
    I see from other threads that you are 14 and had a stomach pain. Are you sexually active? Have you seen the doctor about that pain?

May 10, 2013, 10:05 AM
    Yes I have seen my doctor, but she says I'm perfectly fine. I don't think anxiety is the only thing wrong with me.

I'll take the test in a week or so.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 10:07 AM
    Are you sexually active?

May 10, 2013, 10:10 AM
    Yes
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 10, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Maybe you shouldn't be... obviously there is too much stress here and you are too worried about being pregnant AFTER you already have sex. You should probably not be having sex until you are ready.

May 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 10, 2013, 10:24 AM
    No one (especially a 14 yr old) should be engaging in sexual intercourse unless they are prepared to have a child. Clearly you are not.

You should have considered the possibility of being pregnant before you agreed to sex.

Now, all you can do is wait until you get your period. Or until you can do a test.

I hope you aren't and I hope this scare will mean you keep your pants on.
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 01:01 PM
    I have read your other threads. One of the threads says you were sexually assaulted.

I, probably more than most of the people on this site, understand that, and I also understand why you're continuing to have sex even after being assaulted.

Have you gone to counseling over the assault?

Kiddo, I'm going to post a link, it's the link to my story, and what I did after the things that happened to me, and why. I have a feeling you're having sex for the same reasons I did after I was molested and then raped. Maybe reading my story, and what I learned, will help you realize that you're on a path to destruction that can only end badly unless you stop it and realize your worth.

Will you read my story? Please do, and then come back and talk to me about how you feel about what I said in my thread. Obviously you have underlying issues from what happened to you, and that's understandable. Maybe I can help you understand a bit of why you're doing the things you're doing. Will you do that for me? It's a long thread, but read every post, not only mine, but the posts by the wonderful people on this site that helped me more than they'll ever know. They're still on this site, and I know they'll help you too.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...me-195877.html
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 01:34 PM
    The first post is only "I can."
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The first post is only "I can."
    That's odd.

Wonder what happened to the original post. Is it a site glitch?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    That's odd.

Wonder what happened to the original post. Is it a site glitch?
    I have no idea. I see no "paper trail" of who changed anything. Ben might be able to see it since he can see stuff no one else can see. It's the initial story (which I have never read). Could you reconstruct it and it could be c/p in?

I see other things wrong with that thread. It needs attention.

May 10, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by R31211 View Post
    Alright, so I might not be as mature as I thought I was, but have you noticed that some people who make mistakes and get told not to do them again (with reasons) repeat them? I'm not like that; I'll learn from them.
    I'm not being foolish nor risking our future, I know better. That's why we aren't going to do it anymore.
    Thanks!
    You posted that back in January in your first thread. That thread was where you didn't know that having sex at 14 could get your partner (17) arrested for statutory rape. Once this was explained to you (as well as the dangers of pregnancy at your age), you posted the above quote. Well apparently you didn't learn from your mistakes, because here you are back again stressed out because you might be pregnant. It seems you went back and continued to have sex. And, if you ARE pregnant, then that will be proof that someone had sex with you when you are underage. So, you make it very easy for that person to be convicted of a sex offense.
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You posted that back in January in your first thread. That thread was where you didn't know that having sex at 14 could get your partner (17) arrested for statutory rape. Once this was explained to you (as well as the dangers of pregnancy at your age), you posted the above quote. Well apparently you didn't learn from your mistakes, because here you are back again stressed out because you might be pregnant. it seems you went back and continued to have sex. And, if you ARE pregnant, then that will be proof that someone had sex with you when you are underage. So, you make it very easy for that person to be convicted of a sex offense.
    That I didn't see. I only saw the thread where the OP claimed to have been sexually assaulted. :(

You need to stop putting yourself at risk. You're a child. There's a reason children shouldn't have sex.

May 10, 2013, 04:05 PM
    It was worth all the reading. I can relate the pain, but I'll manage to get through it just like you did.

It's nice to know that I have at least a few people who seem to care even though they aren't my family members.

I'm here for you too :)

May 10, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Yes we do care about you, but only if you care about yourself. And engaging in the risky behavior you have been does not show a caring about yourself.
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by R31211 View Post
    It was worth all the reading. I can relate the pain, but I'll manage to get through it just like you did.

It's nice to know that I have at least a few people who seem to care even though they aren't my family members.

I'm here for you too :)
    I'm sorry that my original post in that thread was edited, my story is gone. I'm glad you read the rest.

The short version of what happened is that I was molested at the age of 5 by my cousin, my babysitter, it continued for years. As a result I became very promiscuous as a young teen, your age. I didn't give a damn about myself, so I let other use me for sex. At the age of 18 I was forcefully raped, and beaten.

I got lucky, I never got pregnant, I had one STD (cured by medication), and most importantly, I met a wonderful man that I married, and I'm still married to him today (our 18th anniversary is on May 27).

I had sex at a young age because I felt worthless. I felt like used goods. Why not let others use me, since I had nothing to offer anyone that mattered?

Kiddo, I understand how you're feeling. I also know that most therapists, or anyone for that matter, don't get it, because they haven't been through it. You can't read a book or an article to understand how it feels.

If you want to talk, if you want help, I am here to listen, and help. I'm not a therapist, I'm not even close. I am a survivor, and I've been where you are, and I did what you're doing. I got lucky, you may not. So let's talk about how we can change that, okay?

I'm happy that you're here for me. It means a lot. But I'm okay. I have to admit that the fact that my thread was edited, my original post removed, set me back a bit. That thread was the hardest thing I've ever written. Now it's gone, and no one that can find it, can find it. But, I'll survive. I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about you.

So talk to me. Tell me why you're doing what you're doing. Obviously therapy isn't helping, mom and dad aren't helping. Maybe I can. I'm offering my past experience to you. Take me up on it, because I for one see a pattern here that I know most other people don't see. That's not their fault, it's their blessing, they can't understand, because they were luck enough not to experience it.

I'm here. Let me be here for you if that's what you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search