Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    telecomguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 07:52 AM
    Moving a Fax Line
    I have to move a fax line in an office from one jack to another. The new location already has a jack. I want to know if I need to move any cross connect on the DMARC or do I just swing the jumper to the new jack location? A step by Step would be awesome.

Thanks!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 08:04 AM
    That all depends on exactly how your office is wired. If it's a small office odds are its wired directly to the DMARC, if it's a large office odds are its got an intermediate wiring block between each outlet and the DEMARC... Most often being a 66 block, less often a 110 block or rarely a Krone Block...

A good indicator is do you have a PBX or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I combine phone line with fax/computer? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to combine fax with printer and MAC in a room with cable line.

Moving my fax machine upstairs, need wiring suggestions [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my dilemna. I currently have a home office on my first floor. I have two phone jacks, my phone line is connected to the jack underneath the desks and my fax machine is connected to the other jack in the room. I want to move the offices upstairs, but there is only one jack available. Is...

How do I rewire my DSL/Fax to home line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

View more questions Search