Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Banned from a store?
    Hi,

I wanted to ask a question, about 2 years ago I shoplifted, it was food from a grocery store when I was between jobs, since it was under $10 they didn't call the cops, I signed a document agreeing to pay a fine and they walked me out. On the way out they gave me the stero typical don't ever let me see you here again.

I paid the fine and have avoided the store for 2 years, I wanted to know, can I really never go back there? Do they have some sort of life long police enforceable document that says if I return I will be arrested?

I don't particularly care either way, I just want to know if I went shopping there and the same security guy saw me what could he do 2 years later? I tried writing 2 letters to the head office apologising profusely and asking if I can ever return to the store, no response.

Thanks for any info. Oh I'm in Canada by the way
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Almost definitely the store personnel will have changed. But what I would do is go to the store and go immediately to an employee and ask to see the manager. Then explain the situation. If he asks you to leave, then just leave.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 22, 2007, 12:28 PM
    In many states their "stereotypical don't come back" is considered a verbal do not trespass warning. They can definitely tell you to leave but like Scott says the same people probably aren't there. It would be very unlikely for them to call the police unless you started to make a scene. Follow Scott's suggestion.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Yeah, I guess I will just go and see them, ill wait a bit more, I don't actually have any reason for needing to go to the store, ill wait till its been over 2 years and it'll just sound better (in my mind) to start with "2 years ago..."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Banned from the mall [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Bhayne and ScottGem I spoke with the security manager of the mall that I was banned to go in for a year. He said if I want to resend the tresspass I have to write a letter explain the case and request for it and tell them why I request for that. I told him that because sometime I come...

Ma'am should be banned [ 28 Answers ]

Obviously no body likes to be called ma'am then why people using it? Women especially like to call other women with this ma'am thing just to piss you off. I think it should be considered offensive, banned and agist, I know some will say it is just respect term but no I do not think so because...

Can vets legally spay or neuter pitbulls if they are banned? [ 9 Answers ]

Even though pitbulls are banned here in ontario canada, will the vet still spay or nueter a pitbull puppy or will they have to put it down?

View more questions Search