Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stevencarter112 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Black widow bite
    My friend went to the doctors yesterday for a spider bite and they gave her some antibiotics but today at school she had to leave because she didn't feel good. She told me that she feels the same way as she did yesterday. So I was wondering if there's anything I can get over the counter to make her feel better? I don't like seeing her not feeling good so I was wondering if you might know of something that would help her.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2013, 06:49 PM
    How do you know it was a black widow spider? Did she tell the doctor this?

May 9, 2013, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How do you know it was a black widow spider? Did she tell the doctor this?
    The doctor told her yesterday.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 9, 2013, 07:29 PM
    The good news is that you can't die from a single Black Widow bite... the bad news is that you will probably feel sick from it for a few days.

How did the doctor know it was from a Black Widow? Unless he saw the spider, I can't see how he could possibly have known what kind of spider it was. I know people that can get just as sick from a Wolf Spider.

Anyway, if your friend got treated, she will be OK.

May 9, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    The good news is that you can't die from a single Black Widow bite....the bad news is that you will probably feel sick from it for a few days.

How did the doctor know it was from a Black Widow? Unless he saw the spider, I can't see how he could possibly have known what kind of spider it was. I know people that can get just as sick from a Wolf Spider.

Anyway, if your friend got treated, she will be ok.
    I don't know. I wasn't there and she's the type that won't tell you anything you got to pull it out if her. But thanks for helping me out with that. I really appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small black things that bite [ 0 Answers ]

I have flea treated the area but as soon as I put bare feet on the floor at least 5 are on them! Help it's driving me crazy

Mites in my bed that bite--the eggs look like black pepper [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my witts end I threw out the mattres is my spare room now I am getting these things in my own bed I cannot sleeep at night for itching I can also prove I have this because you can see them in my bed every day even if I wash the sheets every day they still apppear the next day there is also...

Tiny black bugs that look like dirt and bite [ 0 Answers ]

I have tiny black bugs that look like dirt, excpet they bite and are everywhere... what are they and how to I get rid of them?

Rooster ate a black widow [ 5 Answers ]

I lifted my chicken's water bowl,and out runs a black widow.My rooster gobbled him up.Is he going to die or what?:eek:

View more questions Search