Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsharpe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Does child support reduce when one child reaches the age of 21?
    I have two children. My daughter is to turn 21 in 3 weeks. My son is soon 18. I was expecting a reduction in payments to my ex when my daughter became 21. This is not what I have been told when I called the collection office. They informed me there would be no reduction in payment until my SON turned 21. In essence, I would be paying my ex for 2 children even though my daughter in emancipated. Is this accurate? We live in NY
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Contact an attorney, the answer given is incorrect. If you pay double where is the extra money going too, the ex or the state?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone file for back child support after the child reaches 18 in California [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone file for back child support after the child reaches 18 in the state of California but it was never in a court order to pay. The court documents never ordered me to pay any amount.

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

Can someone file for back child support after the child reaches 18 in California? [ 5 Answers ]

My brother never paid child support and my sister in law had to raise the son by herself without his financial help. In the original divorce papers it says he has to pay child support but never did. Now he is 22 and really needs help for college. Can my sister in law or my nephew sue my brother...

View more questions Search