Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bobbianne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 03:58 PM
    Spousal support
    My ex husband moved to Mass and has ignored the order from the court for spousal support and giving me 1/2 of his 401K. Do I have to file this in court in Mass. Or do threy accept the order and garnish his wages?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2013, 04:22 PM
    You can transfer your judgment from your state to the court in Mass, and have it serve upon him for enforcement. There are some fee you will have to pay, but hey will accept it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 9, 2013, 04:38 PM
    As for the 401(k) you should file a QDRO with the employer who holds his 401(k)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I no longer pay child support will my spousal support paid increase? [ 10 Answers ]

I live in California and my daughter is 19 yrs old and just graduated from high school, I was paying child support and spousal support, now that I am no longer obligated to pay child support will the spousal support I pay to my ex get increased?

Spousal support [ 1 Answers ]

My wife got suspeded after are separation do I have to pay spousal support

Spousal Support [ 2 Answers ]

State is SC, married 20 years, my income is $24,000 per yr. Spouse income is $60,000. We rent our home and have agreed on how to split debts and how much child support will be given. He only wants to do the child support until our son turns 18 which is in a year and a half. He then only wants to...

Spousal Support [ 2 Answers ]

I am on disability now 10 years(fibromylgia)getting a divorce how much money a month is he reqiured to pay me to help me live.i can't work and sometimes can't get out of bed.we have some money he has an anuity from his mother's death but i took care o her while she was sick.help me i need to get...

Spousal Support [ 10 Answers ]

In my final divorce decree. I am responsible to pay spousal support to my ex-wife for two years. I live in Virginia State. Now, during the two years my ex-wife got married and never informed the courts of the legal change in her maritiall status! My question is whether or not the spousal support...

View more questions Search