Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xMerlina Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 12:34 PM
    Why doesn't Edmund kill Gloucester in King Lear?
    In Act 4, Scene 5, Regan says that
    "It was great ignorance, Gloucester’s eyes being out,
    To let him live. Where he arrives he moves
    All hearts against us. Edmund I think is gone
    In pity of his misery to dispatch
    His nighted life;"

Did Edmund actually set off to kill Gloucester, or was that Regan's opinion? Because I'm trying to argue in a paper that Edmund never directly hurt anybody--he manipulated others into being the victim.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2013, 12:41 PM
    We won't do your homework for you but will critique once you have written something. There are helpful sites like sparknotes and this one -- Earl of Gloucester Timeline in King Lear

May 9, 2013, 12:55 PM
    I've already written the entire essay--that's just the one detail I'm unsure about. I've gone through the whole text and I can't figure out whether Regan was just saying that or whether Edmund really did try to find and kill his father. I've looked at all the sites like SparkNotes and that Shmoop one.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2013, 02:24 PM
    Maybe it doesn't matter. If you can prove your point and have valid arguments, it's a good paper.

May 9, 2013, 02:38 PM
    Okay; thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is any one looking for a baby sitter near gloucester city or in the area [ 1 Answers ]

hello I am a 12 year old girl named erica and I am trying to raise money early for collage so I was womderin if any one was intrested. I am very good with the ages 1-7 so if u need a baby sitter please try to get in contact if you are intrested let me know and ill I've u my #. I know very much...

Edmund Burke's philosophy on constitutional democracy [ 1 Answers ]

What was Edmund Burke's philosophy on constitutional democracy

02 Craftsman LTX1000, runs rough, seat sensor doesn't kill [ 2 Answers ]

I got an 02 Craftsman LTX1000 for free. Very happy. It ran great (really purred) after I found the bad fuse that got me this freebie. Seat sensor never killed engine when I lifted off, but would make engine run rough. Otherwise ran great. Now, it's running rough all the time, as if my butt is not...

TV drama Little Boy King the Martin Luther King story [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the TV Drama Little Boy King about MLK when he was young. I don't know any of the stars but I know Bill Withers appeared on the show and sang You just can't smile it away ( my favorite Bill Withers song) Any help tracking this down. THX

King Lear Urgent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm doing english literature for AS level and I'm reading king lear ans I was wondering if anyone could help me on this question (Define the principles of tragedy and acknowledge the difference between classical and renaissance and put king lear into the context of that) if anyone could help...

View more questions Search