Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woody100 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2005, 10:04 AM
    Monitor Problem
    The background of my monitor keeps changing colour. First it went yellow then blue. It's across all applications and is not the monitor as it has now reoccured on 2 different monitors.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 29, 2005, 11:39 AM
    Check the connections on the 15-pin cord connecting the monitor to the video card. Look for bent or missing pins. Note pin #9 is supposed to be absent.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 29, 2005, 11:55 AM
    Monitor Problem
    Update your monitor driver.Update your video card driver.Check your monitor settings.Try 16 bit color,then 32 bit color.Update all drivers on your PC.Maker sure your graphic card is compatible with your PC 'spec'.Set your screen resolution to 800x600,then to 1024x768.I'm assuming you have a CRT monitor.See if changing those settings make any difference.

If it's LCD or TFT,again check all the settings,which I'm sure you've done anyway,but sometimes a second,or even third try can do the trick.

If all that fails,visit www.benchmarkhq.ru/be_monitor.html

Scroll down the page till you see 'Monitor Calibration Wizard'.

Read the info,then download the freeware tool.I have it installed on my PC running XP,and have had no problems with it.

All the best,
    Nez.

Or better still,follow the advice by the moderator :D
    woody100 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2005, 12:34 PM
    Just checked pin all 15 pins are there! Including No 9 - could this be the problem
    If so what is best way to remove it and exactly which one is No 9
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 29, 2005, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by woody100
    Just checked pin all 15 pins are there! including No 9 - could this be the problem
    if so what is best way to remove it and exactly which one is No 9
    No... some cords include all 15 pins. This is not the problem... don't yank the pin. :)
    mateo_salta Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2005, 10:26 AM
    That happened with my video card once. The cord was weighing it down. If you hold the cord in place does it go back to normal color. If it does you might want to get some cable ties with those little sticky things so it doesn't get loose and change the color on you.
    shark Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2005, 02:46 PM
    My tuppence worth, When you get the wrong colour, GENTLY manipulate the able that goes into the monitor and if it is not that then try the plug end as well.

If this has no effect and if it is not the video card (they are normally very reliable) the it is probably the electronics on the monitor.

BTW, if while manipulating the cable on the monitor side and the colour comes back, this could be either a cable problem or a dry joint maining /loosing contact due to microscopic movement/heat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Color problem with monitor [ 1 Answers ]

?? I've a Samtron monitor where only the RED color is not appearing, all others are working fine. I've tested the graphics card but unfortunately not solved, than I've changed the monitor with another new system and found the same problem persists. Please help.

Monitor Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I Just Installed a new graphics card a geforce n6800, and now the background of my monitor is orange. Computer works fine, the only trouble is the orange tint to the screen. I noticed there were 3 pins missing from the monitor cord, there are only 12 pins in the cord should be 15. Could this cause...

Monitor problem [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone: My sony LCD monitor has display only for one second on powering on, or I can see the screen for one second when the monitor is re-connected to the computer, otherwise it is just black screen. The monitor is manufactured in November 2003. Really don't know what is the problem and...

Monitor problem [ 14 Answers ]

How do I correct the moitor screen image? The print/images are compressed to the left and right edges of the screen and extended to the centre of the screen. This occurred after a MS auto update or is this a co-incidence? Thanks in anticipation

View more questions Search