Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollydavis12345 Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

May 9, 2013, 05:02 AM
    braces
    OK I went to the orthodontics today and they done x-rays and they said I have a overcrowded mouth and my bottom jaw is to far back it's the 9th of may today and they said they put me on a waiting list for 6 months and that's way to long and that was only for a copy of my teeth and 3 weeks later my braces so by the time I get my braces it will be Christmas which is way to long away why is it so long and what can I do

please answer

thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 9, 2013, 06:05 AM
    How old are you? This is a question for your parents to ask the orthodontist. For the best care, you often do have to wait for non-emergency procedures. And braces are not an emergency. Plus, they are expensive, and maybe your parents need time to work out their finances.

If it's your looks that are making you feel this is urgent, just know that many, many of us went through this! I had my lower jaw too far back but I had too few teeth (inherited) so had big gaps. Didn't bother me to wait a bit. Who cares? We get what gets doled out at birth by genetics, all of us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Braces Help [ 1 Answers ]

I will hopefully be having a braces appointment soon and wanted to know how long from the appointment will I be able to have the braces put on? Please let me know asap

When will I get my braces off? [ 3 Answers ]

So I've had my braces on since Feb. 2009. The orthodontist told me my teeth look great and that I'm getting my "final wires" on October 10th of this year. All of my friends who had braces on previously had them on for some say 1 month, some say 2, and some said 3. But one of my friends had braces...

I have to get braces at 22. [ 89 Answers ]

I'm really not looking forward to this. I need some cheering up. But my question is this: Is there a site that can show me what I will look like with braces? Like something that alters my picture to put braces on me to see if I really want to do this.

I had braces once before when I was 15... [ 3 Answers ]

But my retainer kept breaking or I didn't wear it and if I get braces again it will cost me 700 ! Is that correct shouldn't I get it for free ? Through the NHS

Braces [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth are not crooked, but I hate my teeth because they are spaced out a little. I just want to have braces before I get into college or whatever. I read that uneven chewing causes major headaches and face pains, and that has been happening to me for awhile now. So I have been considering...

View more questions Search