Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NEWMOMMYOF1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Can u get pregnant with an IUD
    Can u get pregnant with an iud? And i kno that an iud blocks the sperm but where do it go when its blocked?:confused:
    cwray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 11:00 AM
    As long as the IUD is placed correctly you should not get pregnant. They should have have/had you back in the office after it was placed to have a ultrasound to make sure it was in the correct spot. About the sperm I am not sure. My guess would be that the sperm eventually die and or come back out.
    urstruly85 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 11:13 AM
    There are two options. To get the IUD that lasts 5 years or the one that lasts 10 years. My brothers girlfriend had the one for 10 years, and its been seven years since since it was inserted into her and a month ago she gave birth to my niece. So yes using ANY birth control you still can get pregnant. I have learned the hard way... I was using the patch and still got pregnant.
    singlmom28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Can u get pregnant with an IUD in
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:44 PM
    No because is 100% effective so yes, it's possible. Just a lot less likely than with no because.
    luckyone2335 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 05:33 PM
    YES you can get pregnant with one in my cousion had one for about 2 years and got pregnant so yes it can happen...
    eblhim_25 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Hello, I' am 25, have 2 boys, and have been using the mirena for approx 3yrs now. My sis-in-law has been using it for about 1&1/2 yrs. Her situation has been totally diff than mine, I have been getting normal periods (not as much as I used to before the mirena), but still have been getting it every mth, unlike my sis-in-law her menstruation stopped and a few days ago she had unbelievably strong pains which got her to think that she might be pregnant, so she did 2 PTs which came out + there was a risky possibility that she might have it on her tube which according to her physician it could cause death in 20min or so if her tube were to burst so she immediately head to the dr for an ultra sound, luckily it was a false pregnancy; interesting huh! Well the reseason for the + tests and the strong pains were because her tubes were swelling because of the missed pd. And that caused her uterus to send + and sometimes unsure results to PTs although she is still on risk of a pregnancy because she is still obvulating. I thought it was necessary to share this with all of you because I thought it was interesting to know since most of us using the UID (mirena) have so many doubts about pregnancies w/ mirena. Good luck to all of us!
    Oh, 1 more thing it's April 25th and haven't gotten my period, I am now starting to worry. Although I haven't experience any symptoms, my worries are still there just hoping for the best.
    seashell99 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Apr 27, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Yup, you can. I am a 43 year old IUD baby!
    jfriskie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
    I have the Paragaurd 10 yr IUD. I have had it now for two years and guess what! I found out yesterday that I am pregnant! I am freaking out! I thought that IUD's were amazing and now I wouldn't recommend them for anyone! So my answer is YES! I am the proof!
    lizbaby2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 08:45 AM
    Yes I think you can get pregnant with any of d birth control, ve had my iud for 2months now and wasn't feeling anything before bt just week ve been feeling tired, feel like vomitting and really sleepy. Could I be pregnant?
    Momto7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 07:15 PM
    You can, I'm 38yrs. Old and my mother got married Feb. of '71 and got an iud and I was born May of '72. Apparently it was coming out on its own and she had never had a baby before me!!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 18, 2010, 08:23 PM

Thread CLOSED.

The original poster hasn't been back 2007. I doubt she'll be back to see your answers.

PLEASE watch dates when posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant after IUD removal [ 14 Answers ]

I used a copper IUD for five years after my second son. I had my IUD removed about 2/3 months ago. Had unprotected sex, just using the withdrawal method with no ejaculations. Since the removal of my IUD I became a bit late with my period, late 2-5 days. Now I'm 15 days late with no pregnancy...

Pink discharge.with IUD.could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had a termination in January and the T IUD inserted at the same time.. Since then I've had one period slightly heavier and longer then before... I had unprotected sex a few times with my boyfriend just at the end of my period.. Though it seems like my period has never really stopped.. I...

Pregnant after IUD [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I are wanting to have another baby, but I have an iud in. It is the type where I do not have my menstrual cycle. My question is will I have a period when I have the iud taking out or can I get pregnant right after it is removed.

Pregnant after IUD removal [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a vasectomy in January of this year and on February 8th I had my IUD removed. I had my period 2 days after the removal and then we had sex the day after my period ended on the 17th w/o protection. On the 23rd and 24th we used a condom, my period should have started March 12th...

IUD Inserted and pregnant.. What are the risks [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:I had a IUD inserted and later found out that I was 5 weeks pregnant, they removed it 3 days after it was put in. I am now 9 weeks and have some concerns about late term miscarage and birth defects. Has this ever happened to anyone? If so what was the out come? My dr. told me that...

View more questions Search