Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizdingman1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2013, 07:57 AM
    Custody of grandchild
    Hi, My 21 year old daughter has a 3 year son and has been talking about giving me custody of him voluntarily. How would we go about doing this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2013, 08:28 AM
    You would consult with an Attorney in your State or Country to make certain the process is legally correct and not the beginning of a legal nightmare.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2013, 09:48 AM
    An attorney will make sure the process is done properly. But the process means going to Family Court and petitioning for a change in custody.

Where is the father? Usually he needs to be part of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get custody of my grandchild [ 16 Answers ]

What is required to obtain custody of my grandchild? I have kept my grandchild 3 days a week in my home since their birth (he is 2 years old now). In addition to this I keep him anytime that his mother deems she has something else to do, is too drunk, or just plain stressed out. I have provided for...

How to get custody of a grandchild [ 1 Answers ]

My mom and dad has been raising her 6 year old grandson since he was 2 he just turned 6 in June, my dad passed away June 12th and now its just my mm raising him. She wants to get custody of her grandson. His mother ( my sister) moved away to Arizona ( they were in Georgia at the time she left) with...

Getting custody of grandchild [ 2 Answers ]

How hard is it for a Grandparent to get custody of a Grandhcild?

Custody of grandchild [ 2 Answers ]

Can my grndchild's parents give me custody of my grandchild without going through cps?

Custody of a grandchild [ 18 Answers ]

Can I legally pestition for custody of my grandchild which has not been born yet? I paid for the Fetal Cell DNA testing since she claims the baby is my sons, which it turns out it is. She is very unfit to have a baby. I have her medical records which show marijuana in her system while pregnant. ...

View more questions Search