Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjwpoint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2013, 07:56 AM
    Foundation or trust what is the difference
    How do I know if I need a trust or a foundation?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 8, 2013, 08:28 AM
    Talk to a lawyer... because you aren't creating either of those on your own. They can explain based on your personal circumstances which is better. There is no one right answer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2013, 09:51 AM
    A foundation is an organization set up to give money away. So I'm not sure that's what you want. A little more information about what you want to accomplish will help us answer you, but yes, you would not set up either without the aid of an attorney to get it right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trust Versus Foundation [ 3 Answers ]

what Is The Difference Between A Foundation And A Trust. Witch One Is Best For Tax Shelter Thank You

My boyfriend doesn't trust me but I trust him when I possibly shouldn't? [ 10 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and me and my boyfriend, who is 21, have been dating for about 4 months now. This is only my second real relationship and he is the only guy I have ever felt like I truly loved. We tell each other we love each other all the time, and he has even brought up marriage but I'm not...

In an A,B, C trust/ no will, community stock not listed in trust, who gets [ 5 Answers ]

My stepdad passed away in may of 2009, him and my mom were married for 20 years. He had an old a,b,c, trust that dates back to 1986 and it has no will. The C trust lists some old assets but most are gone. He never redid it just updated it in 1993 he son appears to have been named in it the...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search