Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkip26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2013, 01:51 AM
    Disk read error easynote ts
    My laptop was working fine... then it would load the windows start up repair.. it did that for 3 days now its coming up a black scren with 'a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 8, 2013, 04:32 AM
    All hard disk eventually fail, there is hope several vendors offer utilites to repair failing hard drives. The best I have used is Spinright from GRC. Unless the heads are in contact with the platters, or there is another mechanical or controller board this software has repaired nearly every disk I have used it with. I have had to let the software run for several days in one case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disk read error message installing XP on new hard drive. [ 4 Answers ]

While installing XP, the installation was down to 2 minutes left until completion when I left the room for a few minutes. When I returned, I had a black screen with a disk read error, Press ctrl+alt+del to restart. When I do that, it goes back to the same screen. I rebooted with the XP disk,...

A disk read error has occurred [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I turned on my computer this morning (running Windows XP) and got the "A disk read error has occurred" and then it tells me to press ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. I tried to do the stuff I knew how to do which consisted of: Going into the BIOS and see that the hard drive was detected (it...

Boot disk error insert system disk [ 4 Answers ]

When booting computer, the screen goes blank with boot disk error. Please insert system disk

Disk Read Error when booting up [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older computer I have been playing with and had some troubles with it and finally had gotten that fixed, or so I thought. That was about 3 weeks or so ago and you can read about it here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/desktops/compaq-windows-xp-60gb-256kb-not-booting-169976.html ...

View more questions Search