Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MISSIBAYBE Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Mar 22, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Could my earpain be caused by my dog?
    I've been having ear pains for a long time and the doctor says it's because I get a lot of earwax buildup. I've been using Debrox the drain my ears and have been feeling better. Even my recent visit with the doc went well. A couple weeks ago, my boyfriend and I camped out at the beach. A few days later, he complained that he was having ear pain in his RIGHT ear. So I used Debrox on him too. And then once we stopped the treatment, his pain came back again. So last night, I had such a hard time sleeping because of the pain in my RIGHT ear. How can this be happening to the both of us at the same time? It's usual for me but not for him. I've noticed that my little doggy has been sleeping in our bed with us and right by our faces. She likes to sleep on our pillow just as if she were human. Is there anyway her little bug friends could be in our ear? After all, she's always scratching her ears! Please help!:confused:
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 22, 2007, 12:09 PM
    The only thing that I could think of is ear mites, but I googled some stuff and this is what I got: Ear mite infection is certainly contagious among cats and dogs. Typically, the victim is an outdoor cat. Humans have been reported to develop skin rashes rarely; in general, we may consider that a human pet owner is extremely unlikely to experience any symptoms when their pet is infected with ear mites.

I highly doubt it's anything to do with your dog-but if she's having problems with her ears you may want to have them checked. You can ask your vet about your ear pain too. He/she may know of something that could be causing it-if it is from your dog.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Yes heather, you are right. She should bring the dog in for a check up to see if there are ear mites. Although, my dogs scratches her ears all the time due to allergies. I am constantly cleaning them for her.

Missibaybe, I doubt very much that it is ear mites. It quite could be allergies to the dog (dander). I have a minor allergy to all pets, but I still let my dog sleep with me. I don't care. But, I do get earaches and headaches along with the stuffy nose. I just take allergy medication when it becomes a problem.

By the way, did you ever get to your eye doctor for the eye irritations and headaches you posted about earlier this month?
    MISSIBAYBE Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Mar 22, 2007, 02:05 PM
    I haven't seen the doctor for other problems posted. When I called Kaiser, they didn't recommend seeing an ophthalmologist. I've been alternating wearing contacts and eye glasses. My headaches have dropped. My eyes get really sensitive when I wear contacts. I don't ever use eye drops and I wear powdery make-up. So I'm sure my eyes are just bugged out by all the power I put around my face and eyes. I think I'm going to consider lasik eye surgery very soon. Thanks for the advice. My doggy is due for her annual check up next month, so I'll make sure to ask.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Sounds like your contact problem could very well be from allergies. And, FYI, insurance companies are notorious for finding the cheapest and easiest way out. Of course they are going to tell you they don't recommend it. They will even tell you there is nothing wrong and you don't need an exam. If you are covered for eye exams (usually every two years) they do have ophthalmologists in their plans and they must cover you if you go to one. AND, if you are having vision problems, (I don't know what plan you have but... ) if you have a primary care physician, your primary can give you a referral to one. The eye doctor just has to put a diagnosis on the bill (such as headaches and blurred vision) and Kaiser has to pay their portion. It is considered a medical problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark spots caused by healed skin [ 6 Answers ]

I have dark skin, under, around, over and at the sides of my eyes. It was first caused by a rash which healed and left the skin darker when I was a kid. 8 years later I used a hydroquinone based product to finally get rid of it and it made everything worse causing darker skin to spread all around...

Could this be caused by the Depo shot? [ 2 Answers ]

Can somebody help me? I got the Depo shot for the first time in November for the first time. Since about a month after I have had nothing but problems like I have been bleeding more regular than usual menstrual periods last, itchiness down there, burns to pea, back pain, my breasts have been...

Forces caused by acceleration [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 4000 lb container on wheels on a flat bed truck with side rails. The load is secured with a strap across the face of load and connected to the side rail. What force is exerted on the strap when the truck accelerates? Thanks for your help!

Can Parvo be caused by a vaccine? [ 5 Answers ]

I adopted a seven week old puppy on 6 January, 2007. He is our only pet, and he was kept in our house, with outside potty breaks only. He had no contact with any other animals during that time. On 16 January I took him to the vet to have his DHLPP vaccination. Later that day, he stopped eating...

Help my crown caused my teeth to Shift! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I had a root canal about a year ago. I just noticed that it made my teeth shift. I thought it was too tight before but it was the second time I had it done because the first one cracked and had enough of the dentist. I didn't realize it would cause this. Does anyone know if my Dentist...

View more questions Search