Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eearly24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 12:19 PM
    Can you be in love with someone in four days?
    Just spending time no sex.. getting to know each other and everything about this person is what you are looking for.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 7, 2013, 12:21 PM
    I guess it's possible but it's not really probable.

At this point, it's probably only infatuation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 7, 2013, 12:50 PM
    It only takes a moment... (Hello Dolly)

Can you be? Its possible . Are you? Totally impossible to answer that question.
    R31211 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 12:53 PM
    Not in my opinion. It's probably just a connection you are feeling as in for right now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2013, 01:05 PM
    So far so good whatever you are feeling but then no telling if the girl feels the same way.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2013, 01:05 PM
    You can be infatuated with someone after 4 days. Love is a stretch. We have seen so many times that if you rush a relationship it might be doomed.
    Entomology Expert

May 7, 2013, 01:23 PM
    I fell in love with Kate Beckinsale at first sight... but I wonder if it may be infatuation on my part.
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2013, 01:25 PM
    I thought Meg Ryan was beautiful at first but have you seen her now? What was she thinking?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 7, 2013, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    I thought Meg Ryan was beautiful at first but have you seen her now? What was she thinking?

Yeah, what's up with her face?
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2013, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Yeah, what's up with her face?
    She ruined it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2013, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I fell in love with Kate Beckinsale at first sight....but I wonder if it may be infatuation on my part.
    With or without fangs?
    Entomology Expert

May 7, 2013, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    With or without fangs?
    With... definitely with...
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2013, 05:31 PM
    I fell in love in a period of 24 hours when I was 19. I'm pretty sure I didn't misjudge my feelings - I still feel the same way about him almost 30 years later. That said, I didn't have all the information and this was not the right man for me as a partner. I believe he is meant to be part of my life as a friend but our lives are not compatible.

It was not the only time I fell in love. I was married to someone else but even after knowing him for 23 years - we met as kids, dated on and off for years and were married for a decade - there was still more to learn about each other, including that we weren't really long-term compatible. We are now divorced.

So, it you think you might be in love, keep perspective. It does not mean you've met the right person. It means that it's worth pursuing further, cautiously and slowly and with your eyes wide open.

If you start compromising on your values and morals, blowing off clear red flags or making excuses for behaviors or issues with him your normally won't, you should be aware that you are not in love - these are signs of infatuation and lust - being in love with the idea of being in love. True love is healthy for both of you, brings out your best and allows you to authentically want and expect your values and morals to be reflected in your relationship.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2013, 10:30 AM
    I'm with "Dontknow" on this one - love at first sight! My late husband asked me to marry him on our first date. I truly thought he was nuts. We married 7 weeks later and everyone thought we were both nuts.

We were happily married right up until he died. Sometimes you just know it's right.

And if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have waited 7 weeks to marry him.
    EliseGrimm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 03:27 PM
    When I first saw my husband, I tell u the truth in saying the World stopped. I was on the dance floor when he walked into the room our eyes locked and we both just knew. This sort of thing lacks any and all doubt. Or at least it did for us and this is my third. Hind sight being 20/20 I never experienced that with my past two husbands.
    2ndlifeDON Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

May 9, 2013, 04:41 PM
    Let 60 days be your parameter. You are talking that's good. Then re -evaluate at 60 days. If both agree , get married. Are you over 23 years old

Can you wait 60 days, no sex
    Entomology Expert

May 9, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndlifeDON View Post
    Let 60 days be your parameter. You are talking that's good. Then re -evaluate at 60 days. If both agree , get married. Are you over 23 years old
    Wow... really? That easily... wait 60 days then get married?

You don't even have any idea how old this person is and you're suggesting marriage. Slow down, sport.
    2ndlifeDON Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

May 9, 2013, 04:54 PM
    You can get married in 60 days. Mine lasted 23 years same time = 60 days
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 9, 2013, 04:55 PM
    I think you can be in love with the idea of being in love with that person. You don't know each other in 4 days. Take your time, get to know each other. Relax and see where this goes. Don't worry about love at this point, just enjoy the ride.
    Entomology Expert

May 9, 2013, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndlifeDON View Post
    You can get married in 60 days. Mine lasted 23 years same time = 60 days
    I never said you can't... I was saying that you can't sit here and give advice to someone to get married in 60 days when you have no idea of how old they even are. This could be a grade school kid for all you know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with girlfriend but she ignored me for two days now. [ 7 Answers ]

I love my girlfriend with all my heart, I've been there for her through every single thing. I even saved her life because she had very serious breakdown and attempted to take her life. She was diagnoised with sever anxiety and depression she has been through so much in her life. After that we would...

Can you fall out of love with someone in four days? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend was madly in love with me, but his dad is very protective of him and hardly lets him do anything. One day he said we needed a break, because he said he couldn't handle the stress of having a girlfriend during his exams. During this break, I told him that I wanted him to come to the...

How can I get rid off love bites in 1 and a half days [ 8 Answers ]

I need to get rid of these hickys by Monday and its Saturday! :/ usually I do foundation and scarfs but I can't wear a scarf at school and foundation tends to make it stand out hmmm :/ I'm going to try the massage it and hot water and toothpaste anything else you think I could tryy and quiick!...

View more questions Search